• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour Game: Worcestershire vs Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who, Siddle? If Hazelwood is bowling well I'd have him ahead of Siddle fo' sho. Starc only comes in when Pattinson needs a rest imo.
Yeah Siddle.

I think Patto plays Lords if he’s fit. 10 days off is a good rest period. That being so, and assuming Cummins is ok after he got better as the first test went on, it leaves one spot. And I reckon that spot is between Siddle and Haze, because I can’t see them playing Patto, Cummins and Starc. They’ll want someone in that holding role in s four man attack. Haze picking a good time to be taking poles

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Why was Hazelwood dropped? Wouldn't say he dined out v India last summer but he was hardly rubbish. Do they prefer a few more runs from Siddle (which in hindsight was crucial in the 1st Test win)?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Hazelwood had been average for a little while with injuries not really helping. I'm hoping that him being dropped will give him a bit of a kick up the bum after becoming a little complacent

trundler

Yeah Siddle.

I think Patto plays Lords if he’s fit. 10 days off is a good rest period. That being so, and assuming Cummins is ok after he got better as the first test went on, it leaves one spot. And I reckon that spot is between Siddle and Haze, because I can’t see them playing Patto, Cummins and Starc. They’ll want someone in that holding role in s four man attack. Haze picking a good time to be taking poles
Agreed with all of it. Would rather have Haze as the holding bowler too. Looks like Starc served up some total dross in that tour game. Good signs.

TheJediBrah

****, it would be nice to see Hazlewood get back into top form. We are so close to The Four Horsemen (+1 Alien if you include Lyon) being a thing now.

5 Bowlers, with two of them being worth one batsman and one tailender. How would you bowl them? Who opens? I'd start with Starc and Pattinson. I think Cummins is better as first change.
I can't see it ever happening. We don't need 5 bowlers, we need batsmen. Leaving out a batsman to play a 4th unnecessary seamer? nah
Why was Hazelwood dropped? Wouldn't say he dined out v India last summer but he was hardly rubbish.
He wasn't. He got injured and is only just coming back to full strength.

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I absolutely believe Haze can play the Siddle type role in this side better than Siddle myself, get him back in. Harsh on Siddle I know but ultimately we have better and quicker options.

Patto must stay in the XI if fit to do so

morgieb

Though I do agree Haze > Siddle I'm not sure I'd be prepared to drop Siddle after that performance. Having him take poles is a good sign though.

Starc I wouldn't bother with unless we get a Brum-like pitch with England picking Archer and Curran.

TheJediBrah

I agree with the conventional wisdom that Starc isn't necessary unless we get a flatter wicket, where his bowling can take the pitch out of the equation

the big bambino

International Captain
Spoke to a mate up in Qld the other day and he made a point or two in stark comparison with the opinions held by CW regarding the merits of our bowlers. It was interesting hearing something at odds with what I usually read on here. Kind of leading me to think there is probably some mythologising going on regarding some members of our pace attack.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Spoke to a mate up in Qld the other day and he made a point or two in stark comparison with the opinions held by CW regarding the merits of our bowlers. It was interesting hearing something at odds with what I usually read on here. Kind of leading me to think there is probably some mythologising going on regarding some members of our pace attack.
go on

the big bambino

International Captain
I'll keep my powder dry. Wait until the end of the series or when selectors are forced to change. He was a fan of Siddle's selection which I know isn't controversial, though I wouldn't pick him. His thoughts on Pattinson were itstl.

the big bambino

International Captain
I'll mention it whether its confirmed or not. Trouble is I'm sort of on the fence about it and would like to see if his eventual performance matches the opinion.

wrongun

Banned
Lame posting really. Attention seeking at its finest. Why is there so much hesitation in stating his friends opinion? Is it fake news?

Great to see Haze, Head and Uzi perform well.