• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test, Lord's, London

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am I the only Australian supporter worried about Archer? Just get the feeling he will get wickets due to pace or something even if he doesn't bowl particularly well.

Also, which bowler is going to take a turn to get upset by the Lord's slope? 2009 was Johnson in a very dramatic way; 2013 was Pattinson although his back was going at the same time; and in 2015 Anderson managed to be bothered by it, though to a lesser extent as the previous two, but inexplicably given he'd have played there often enough.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Big Pat would be stiff tbh not to mention Sir Ben and Davey
Nah, Woakes just gets it done. All the time. Stokes is flashier and a better batsman, but his bowling is nowhere near as good as Woakes' and is often complete pish like it was at the ****hole. Cummins a better all-conditions bowler but Woakes a far better batsman than him. Warner is obviously very good but offers nothing with the ball.

TheJediBrah

Am I the only Australian supporter worried about Archer? Just get the feeling he will get wickets due to pace or something even if he doesn't bowl particularly well.
Nah I think he'll be a bit of a bust, like Rashid Khan was

also surely Root is a better cricketer than Woakes

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
You've rather missed the point - try reading the papers over the last few weeks if you want to get the real significance of that performance
Point taken. I don't follow the news generally, the day they embrace a positive approach to sell papers is the day I'll come back. I appreciate that's chicken and egg, however.

Burgey

Archer will be fine. Can't see him stinking it up at all. Has an easy, repeatable action. Barring injury you'd expect him to be a handful, provided he doesn't bowl too short.

Burgey

Handful doesn't mean he'll take a bagful though. I can't see how he would be any more a threat than Anderson in these conditions. It would be a bonus for England if he comes close to that standard. Looking forward to watching him bowl tbh. But at the end of the day, the issue isn't whether England can bowl Australia out (8/120 and all), it's who will score runs for them. And they don't look like making substantive changes to the batting, so basically unless someone pulls something right out of the box, they're totally ****ed, whether Archer takes six or takes none.

the big bambino

International Captain
No. I was worried from the time I saw him in the BBL. Just glad Anderson isn't playing but Broad is bowling well and form a good combination with him.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Anderson was frankly pretty ordinary last Lords Ashes test. Went missing when it mattered, not the first time he has done that in Ashes cricket

Gob

International Coach
No. I was worried from the time I saw him in the BBL. Just glad Anderson isn't playing but Broad is bowling well and form a good combination with him.
Why?

Whats the point of even winning over there when the best isn't playing. Its like India winning that series in Estraya. Good achievement but pointless