• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test, Lord's, London

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
English people are ****s, like Australian people. And people.
My opinion on this changed last night. Generally when Aussies complain about the English crowds doing something unsportsmanlike I just shrug and say "so what? Australian crowds would probably do the same".

Last night that wasn't the case. I don't think Aus crowds would have done that at all to someone who had shown such skill, fight and bravery.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh rubbish. We're much better than you lot. Indians wouldnt have booed Smith, we'd have thrown bottles on to the field and set fire to the stands and play would be abandoned which would have been a much more entertaining way to draw a test match than this pathetic English rain.
I thought bottle throwing was more of a West Indies thing?

Heboric

International Debutant
C'Mon.....Broad copped worse in Aus for not walking ffs. It's **** but it's the Ashes.........we love hating on each other, just the way it is.
I think its different:

a) Its Stuart Broad
b) Some one got hit in the head

OverratedSanity

I thought bottle throwing was more of a West Indies thing?
Here's your guide to the worst crowd behaviour across the world:

Australia: General boorishness, racism, etc
England: Being miserable, booing players who could be seriously injured
India: Throw plastic bottles, racism
Pak: Same as above, probably without the racism, I think
WI: Mass pitch invasion (well not these days because they dont even show up to watch
SA: None because half the crowd are women in bikinis

TheJediBrah

We cheered Graeme Smith when he batted with his broken arm
Yeah I know it sounds trite, and lame, but there's something about being tough and battling through adversity that really speaks to Australians

Maybe it's living in the harsh outback (I went there for a week once when I was a kid, in a camp site of course, so I know)

trundler

Yeah I know it sounds trite, and lame, but there's something about being tough and battling through adversity that really speaks to Australians

Maybe it's living in the harsh outback (I went there for a week once when I was a kid, in a camp site of course, so I know)
A regular TJB post then

hazsa19

International Regular
It's odd that Smith's indirect role in a ball tampering saga has lead to this level of hatred. Booing in this situation is something I didn't expect. We wouldn't boo Ben Stokes if he came back after copping a Cummins bouncer to the neck
‘Hatred’ :laugh: get a grip. Seriously, no one at a English ground gives a **** enough to feel such a strong emotion.

Victor Ian

International Coach
The audio doesn't pick up the majority who sit quiet and respectful. Only takes a few boos near speakers placed near the goons to misrepresent a populace.