• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test, Lord's, London

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
torn between wanting Root to fail because I want to england and Root to score because the idea that he can't bat at 3 is nonsense. oh well

Uppercut

One might even think there are also some downsides to exposing your only good batsman to the new ball.

Spark

Global Moderator
The gap between the quality of bowlers and batsmen - one exception - in this series is as vast as I've seen

trundler

Almost had another. Hazlewood needs to get into rhythm quick and we've got 60 all out on our hands.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Seen enough of Roy as an opener now. Move him down to 4 if we have to keep him, but time for a proper opener like Sibley to come in, and we need to get Root back down to 4 but **** knows who bats 3. I guess it depends how Denly does here.

OverratedSanity

The England captaincy really is cursed? Root was a superb albeit still flawed batsman when he got the captaincy job. The guy's average is plummeting at an alarming rate.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Top stuff from big Paddy. Nice to see a champion Aussie cricketer who doesn't look as if he's having a seizure when he performs.