Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Roy’s spot at the top should not be in doubt

Gob
    Why is Bairstool keeping instead of Butler he is a **** keeper. Also maybe Roy to six so he can do some late damage
    zorax likes this.
    Dead Dove Do Not Eat

Virat-Vaughan-Amla

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    great banter this
    Fmd get this ****. Literally went OS for a beach holiday last week but reckons his cricket side should show some loyalty and visit one of their domestic rock gardens instead

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gob View Post
    Why is Bairstool keeping instead of Butler he is a **** keeper. Also maybe Roy to six so he can do some late damage
    Bairstow is a better keeper than Buttler. I agree he looks a bIt ungainly but he didn’t do much wrong with the gloves last game at all did he?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Fmd get this ****. Literally went OS for a beach holiday last week but reckons his cricket side should show some loyalty and visit one of their domestic rock gardens instead
    Wrong. It was the week before

Anyway. Of course an overseas break is better. But we do have some nice proper beaches. Just because you happened to go to a pebble one. ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_mister View Post
    I can't see Denly doing much. Looked hapless in the BBL and while I know they're different formats it gave me no confidence he'd succeed in tests. Avg from 21 after his first 4 tells me he's already on thin ice
    Denly just doesn't look up to test match standard to me. I think some of the coaching staff probably share my doubts as it was interesting that when YJB was broken he was initially passed over in SL for Foakes, who's both a keeper and not even in the original test squad, despite the obvious option of giving Buttler the gloves.

It only when the stench of Jennings's failure was curdling the milk in the Windies he finally got a go as (yet another) opener.

Sibley to open with Roy replacing Denly at 4 would be the way I'd go.
    harsh.ag likes this.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

International Coach
    I expect Sibley to join the long line of the likes of Hales and Jennings and Malan who get a run and make the odd decent score and get binned averaging about 27.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Might be damning with faint praise but I don’t think he looked any worse than the rest of the English batsmen this past 2 tests. His mistakes look uglier, but he also middles a few more shots than most.

Wouldn’t be opposed to him moving down the order. Bit of deckchair rearranging about that though. Whatever the order they’re just not really good enough.

International Coach
    Within the context that there’s one proven Top 5 Test batsman in the whole country, the Roy option is as good as any.

As I keep saying with Australian batting selections, those lambasting the English selectors for picking x batsman with a middling-to-okay county record and middling-to-okay technique/temperament over y batsman with a middling-to-okay county record and middling-to-okay technique/temperament really are making the assumption that there’s a huge difference to be gained between said x and y, which just doesn’t seem true. You can’t pick what you don’t have.
    91Jmay likes this.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Cricketer Of The Year SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Jonny Bairstow is the one true opener England needs in tests. Give up the gloves Jon
    Symmetry is beauty, beauty is truth. Breaking symmetry means breaking truth.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyCowCorner1 View Post
    Jonny Bairstow is the one true opener England needs in tests. Give up the gloves Jon
    In what respect is he a true opener?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    In what respect is he a true opener?
    Maybe he's talking about the wide open game between his bat and front pad.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    A couple of years ago when England were out here I thought Bairstow really looked the goods with the bat and that he should have been batting at #3. Has his batting deteriorated or am I remembering incorrectly? Thought he was a bit of an Alec Stewart where you might get a lot more out of him sans keeping glove?
    Quote Originally Posted by Test_Fan_Only View Post
    Red Hill is a piece of ****

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    https://www.cricket.com.au/news/engl...hes/2017-12-05

Knew it was something. I remembering Chappelli banging on about him batting at 3, but Chappelli wants everyone to want to bat at 3.

International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Bairstow is a better keeper than Buttler. I agree he looks a bIt ungainly but he didn’t do much wrong with the gloves last game at all did he?
    Yeah missed a big stumping of Travis Head that you really shouldn't miss. Let through a few 4-byes off the spinners too, usually when the batsmen swept/reverse-swept. He seems to be pretty hopeless up to the stumps in general, and as we've mentioned looks absolutely atrocious technically. I'm surprised that Buttler isn't considered better because I can't recall him being anything other than proficient.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Denly just doesn't look up to test match standard to me.
    He never did. I said this when he was picked in the first place. Didn't even look good enough for the Big Bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hill View Post
    A couple of years ago when England were out here I thought Bairstow really looked the goods with the bat and that he should have been batting at #3. Has his batting deteriorated or am I remembering incorrectly? Thought he was a bit of an Alec Stewart where you might get a lot more out of him sans keeping glove?
    Just a couple of seasons ago, or was it least season?, in England he was in fantastic Test form. Looked like a potential ATG bat he was making so many runs. Something's definitely gone wrong since then.
    Last edited by TheJediBrah; 06-08-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information