• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player ratings thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I dont mind him getting around 7.5 (id go 7 personally) but Broad was better unless you want to dock him points for his inept batting.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah maybe. I'm just not agreeing with some of the Patto criticism I've seen by a few people this series. Just coz he's not taking bagfuls doesn't mean he still isn't bowling well

I hope the hype hasn't clouded people's opinions on what good bowling actually is. It ain't as simple as batting where you can analyse almost completely with the numbers

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This test he bowled 30 overs taking 3/56. That's averaging under 20 at under 2 rpo over 30 overs.

The first test he was a bit more expensive but he was genuinely unlucky and consistently threatening.

If he plays many more tests he's going to take a bag soon.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Siddle gets memed for being unlucky, Pattinson gets protected because you want him to be good.
This is what I was thinking. Basically exactly what siddle was dropped for. Economic without taking wickets even though he had like 4 missed chances. Siddle could have bowler spells than Pattinson too

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is what I was thinking. Basically exactly what siddle was dropped for. Economic without taking wickets even though he had like 4 missed chances. Siddle could have bowler spells than Pattinson too
You're not wrong in isolation, Siddle was unlucky at Lords with dropped catches, but there is absolutely no comparison between him and Pattinson as bowlers. Pattinson has outbowled Siddle comprehensively, even though the figures don't show it.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Yep I agree he is a better bowler. I just didn't agree with the stick siddle had been getting from australian fans, I genuinely thought he had been doing a good job. He is the perfect bowler in a 3 man pace attack

TheJediBrah

Yep I agree he is a better bowler. I just didn't agree with the stick siddle had been getting from australian fans, I genuinely thought he had been doing a good job. He is the perfect bowler in a 3 man pace attack
You answered yourself there. The reason he was getting stick was because there was a better bowler on the sidelines, which we acknowledged.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pretty sure match figures of 3/56 at an E/R of well under 2 is worthy of a 7.5

Keep in mind there were only scraps left by the time he got to bowl in the first dig
Could argue that the only reason his economy was so low was because he didn’t bowl in that last wicket partnership though...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Composite side after 3 tests.
1. Burns
2. Warner
3. Root
4. Smith
5. Labu
6. Stokes
7. Bairstow
8. Cummins
9. Archer or Broad
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon

Warner in due to one decent innings and Bairstow because he's up against Paine. Maybe Archer/Broad depends on conditions, but I'd favour Archer at Old Trafford and The Oval. Maybe Pattison deserves a shout, but meh. Beyond that I don't think there's much discussion, which probably says something about the quality of the sides.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah not much to argue there. I would be tempted to go all out pace and kick Lyon out. Archer has taken his wickets at 13 and Broad has been super consistent but Hazelwood and Cummins are both shoo-in.

TheJediBrah

Every time Australia leaves Lyon out we pay for it.
Broad, Archer, Cummins, Hazlewood all deserve the spot more though. Lyon did bowl Australia to victory at Edgy but other than that hasn't been anything special, and he literally fumbled the Ashes 2 nights ago.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Lyon will be back in form now that he has passed Lillee. The fumbles were likely a result of him silently rehearsing what he was going to say after the match about dislodging Lillee.

TheJediBrah

Lyon will be back in form now that he has passed Lillee. The fumbles were likely a result of him silently rehearsing what he was going to say after the match about dislodging Lillee.
He should spend his time rehearsing how to catch a slowly arriving cricket ball and breaking the stumps with it without dropping the thing

Arachnodouche

International Captain
He should spend his time rehearsing how to catch a slowly arriving cricket ball and breaking the stumps with it without dropping the thing
It seems the bald **** can drop balls accurately only on helplessly prone batsmen diving to make the crease.

Last edited: