Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Strange commentary thread.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Yeah he's quite the moron when it comes to anything not cricket or picking up women related.
    So what you are saying is that Shane Warne is good at Bowling maiden overs and bowling maidens over?
    trundler likes this.
    LEARN SOMETHING NEW ABOUT AFRICA TODAY

They scored a single, declared and still won by an innings

International Coach
    Jonathan Agnew at 10:27am on this soggy autumnal morning. "We certainly won't be starting on time".

Warne whining about Steve Waugh's not outs.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    How terrible was the Sky commentary in general last night? You've got a big crowd in, an Ashes test at Lord's and it was like they were all at a funeral. I suspect I know why that's the case, but still, imagine having to spend any time with Hussain, Atherton, Gower or Botham yesterday (or at any time, come to that). They were as monotonous and annoying as a mozzie in your ear when you're trying to get to sleep.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

International Coach
    Not his fault necessarily, but David Lloyd looks older than Neil Harvey.

Hexxagon Champion!
    Mitchell Johnson not a natural speaker is he? TMS need to do better with their Aussie ringers than him and McGrath.

Banned
    I found David Gowers assertion that Wade was wasting time when he got struck on the helmet as disingenuous, considering whats happened with Steve Smith during this test. Very distatsteful.

International Coach Starfighter's Avatar
    Gower has been absolutely horrific in general this series.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    Agreed. He's never been my favorite, but he's been especially terrible this series. Other than Athers I find most of them hard to tolerate.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    Certainly it looks like Sky made the right call to not renew his contract.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

I've generally been fine with Gower but he's never been one to stand out as a particularly memorable or entertaining commentator. I can only hope that this change in direction means Botham is going as well.

On a broader level, I've generally much preferred Sky's commentary over how Channel 9's was but it probably needs a refresh. While I've liked his commentary over the years reckon it's borderline time to move on Holding.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quincywagstaff View Post
    I've generally been fine with Gower but he's never been one to stand out as a particularly memorable or entertaining commentator. I can only hope that this change in direction means Botham is going as well.

On a broader level, I've generally much preferred Sky's commentary over how Channel 9's was but it probably needs a refresh. While I've liked his commentary over the years reckon it's borderline time to move on Holding.
    Yeah IIRC this is the end for Botham and Gower. At least Sky had the balls to take on some of the furniture when it needed a refresh, whereas Channel 9 did not.
    quincywagstaff likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Yeah IIRC this is the end for Botham and Gower. At least Sky had the balls to take on some of the furniture when it needed a refresh, whereas Channel 9 did not.
    While that's true I don't think that was their problem in the last few years as the changes had happened in organically with Grieg passing away in 2012 and Benaud finishing around the same time and Bill Lawry effectively only doing the Melbourne Test over the last couple of seasons. I think the issue by the end was that the replacements were generally dire.

But Channel 9 sure were conservative with commentary changes over the decades. Stackpole & Tyson were dropped after 85/86 and Max Walker (couldn't stand his commentary) after 90/91 but no one was moved on for decades after that. Greg Chappell left after a few years but that was because he returned to coaching. And once they added Healy & Taylor in 99/00 they basically remained unchanged for over a decade which in hindsight was a big mistake. They should've moved one or two of the old guard on and gradually brought in others to develop them. Instead, because of several changes at the start of the 10s a bunch of new 'talent' was brought in and things went off the rails.

Holding referred to Root’s bowling in the second innings as “right-arm optimistic”. That was pretty special.

One of the things about the Sky guys is they've all be commentating for so long. All the English males in the Sky commentary box have been there since 2006. Only people close to resembling a new voice are Isa Guha and Sangakkra. Kind of weird that none of the England generation under Flower ended up in there.

Think there's a decent chance Broad will end up in the Sky box I guess. Cook and Jimmy look set to join Swann on TMS though.
    Last edited by Cabinet96; 19-08-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings, Stoneman, Denly, Roy | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information