• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any England or Australia Fans Who Don't Enjoy The Ashes?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Some people are odd. My neighbour's son (aged about 30) couldn't watch while Stokes was in because he was too nervous. Now Stokes is out and the game is almost certainly done he's staying in to watch it.

burr

State Vice-Captain
I think it tends to bring out the worst in fans and the media on both sides. So that does dent the enjoyment a bit, becomes less about the cricket and more this jingoistic bs.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Been a great series. Hard not to enjoy it even though the rain at Lord's has ultimately robbed us of the urn :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You think this has been the weakest teams to contest an Ashes contest of recent times?.
Weak batting line ups but some fantastic fast bowling and the individual brilliance of Smith and Stokes with the blade.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Aus (read: Smith) should be pretty proud of their efforts regardless of the series being drawn. Ashes series away have been virtually impossible to win, or even draw, away for the last decade. Other than 2010-11 the last 3 Ashes in Aus have been 5-0, 5-0 and 4-0. They (read: Smith) have done really well to get 2-2 in England.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think Aus (read: Smith) should be pretty proud of their efforts regardless of the series being drawn. Ashes series away have been virtually impossible to win, or even draw, away for the last decade. Other than 2010-11 the last 3 Ashes in Aus have been 5-0, 5-0 and 4-0. They (read: Smith) have done really well to get 2-2 in England.
This is harsh on Cummins and Hazlewood and even Lyon tbh

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I haven't enjoyed recent series down under. When we were getting beaten at home I could still enjoy watching it, but getting beaten away I generally take the option to sleep through it.

andmark

International Captain
T'was a good series. Less sledging nonsense than in recent years, an ATG series from Smith, Stokes providing one of the best innings I've seen. Quite enjoyable other than the lack of English winning.