Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Any England or Australia Fans Who Don't Enjoy The Ashes?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    We get random ****s who haven't posted for two years coming back to troll.
    I wonít post again, sorry 🙄
    zorax likes this.

Remember Pizzorno? Was the awesome new kid on the block for the 09 Ashes but faded away pretty quickly afterwards?

Same as that Howe_Zat bloke who rocked up just before 10-11

Iím massively excited about this chapter and have been loving the selection chatter on here. If itís competitive weíll all enjoy it Iím sure.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    What would be unpredictable is if you made an insightful and original post.

On that note, you have been awarded 5 Nixons for "Repetitive posting".
    Do we really need Daemon?

No tbh

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Now this is quality moderation
    Given your last reportage ultimately led nowhere, your ideas on what is and isn't quality moderation will rightly be given no credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    TJB is the guy casuals voted to represent them here at the 2016 Annual ********s Conference, I believe.
    This is a top comment from a moderator, Cribbeh. Given what's gone on in recent weeks.

I mean, it's obviously accurate, but still...
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

ďThe modern conservative is engaged in one of manís oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlsbergXpress View Post
    I’m massively excited about this chapter and have been loving the selection chatter on here. If it’s competitive we’ll all enjoy it I’m sure.
    Good to have you back mate. Stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Come to think of it, we had them during the World Cup as well. Surely the "only World Cup knockout/finals performances matter" brigade are the ultimate casuals?
    64,000 posts worth of "casual fan" right here. Haven't been called that before. Obsessive, sure. But not a casual fan. Will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Good to have you back mate. Stick around.
    Cheers mate, and for what itís worth I think this could be a great series. With the suspect batting lineups (and if Smith struggles) we could be looking at some really low scoring, exciting test matches.

Not an insightful or even interesting post but there it is.

Yeah it doesnt strike me as the sort of series where you can confidently head out for lunch thinking the same blokes will still be batting when you get back.

Presumably if itís lunch nobody will be batting

Yeah it doesnt strike me as the sort of series where you can confidently head out for lunch thinking the same blokes will still be batting when you get back.
    Or the same side, if England are batting.

No series was ever going to or will ever live up to that 2005 Ashes. It will never be surpassed. There was a very specific set of circumstances that made that series so special.

Taken in isolation there have been lots of great moments and enjoyable ones too. Most I think have been mentioned, but my favourite has to be the Jimmy/ Monty last stand at Cardiff. I remember sitting in a pub at Uni trying to explain to the 15 odd non cricket loving people in there why it was so great that we drew the game.

I think this series will be close. We will collapse at some stage, probably more than once. The next series down under should be more competitive too if Archer and Wood mature as Test Bowlers.

Quote Originally Posted by hazsa19 View Post
    No series was ever going to or will ever live up to that 2005 Ashes. It will never be surpassed. There was a very specific set of circumstances that made that series so special.

Taken in isolation there have been lots of great moments and enjoyable ones too. Most I think have been mentioned, but my favourite has to be the Jimmy/ Monty last stand at Cardiff. I remember sitting in a pub at Uni trying to explain to the 15 odd non cricket loving people in there why it was so great that we drew the game.

I think this series will be close. We will collapse at some stage, probably more than once. The next series down under should be more competitive too if Archer and Wood mature as Test Bowlers.
    On the 2005 Ashes I know it was an incredible series, but did anyone whether English, Aussie or other think before the series that Australia would lose the series?

I was young at the time and had watched **** all cricket before that.

The Poms has yapped themselves up a fair bit before it, and I think everyone expected a pretty close series given they had a lot of blokes at or near their best and Australia had a few getting on. But realistically, no. And tbh, absent the nectar of Murray Mints making the ball magically reverse swing after twelve overs and Bowden delivering some absolute howlers, that England side wasnít fit to share the same park as the Australian One.

Had certainly changed by 09 when England were the better side by a fair margin, though Australia being robbed by rain in Cardiff, the series might have been different.
    Niall likes this.

Hall of Fame Member TheJediBrah's Avatar
    The Poms has yapped themselves up a fair bit before it, and I think everyone expected a pretty close series given they had a lot of blokes at or near their best and Australia had a few getting on. But realistically, no. And tbh, absent the nectar of Murray Mints making the ball magically reverse swing after twelve overs and Bowden delivering some absolute howlers, that England side wasn’t fit to share the same park as the Australian One.

Had certainly changed by 09 when England were the better side by a fair margin, though Australia being robbed by rain in Cardiff, the series might have been different.
    England had no right even competing with Australia in 2005, that's part of what made it such a memorable series. It was a perfect storm of England's players all in the best form of their lives, most of Australia's out form, one-sided umpiring, McGrath's freak injury, and extensive systematic ball-tampering from the English that hasn't been seen since. Take away any of those factors and Aus win 4-1 or 5-0.

I disagree that England were the better side in 09 as well. They managed to pull out a couple of wins and perform when it matters, which I guess is something, but over the course of the series Australia played batter cricket for longer. As you mention though a big part of that was Cardiff being a draw when Aus probably deserved an innings win.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Hate the away series, not because we get stuffed but the times are terrible.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information