• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank the pacers - who do you think will be the best?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Predict who will be the best fast bowlers.

Pattinson
Anderson
Cummins
Woakes
Broad
Hazelwood
Curran
Starc

FBU

International Debutant
1 Cummins
2 Anderson
13 Hazelwood
15 Starc
17 Pattinson in 2013
18 Broad
28 Stokes
33 Woakes
36 Siddle
57 Wood
67 Curran
69 Marsh

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone genuinely think Pattinson is going to play all 5 games, let alone be the best pacer?

Burgey

I'd just like to see the bloke get an extended run to see if he's still capable of producing the goods at test level. I've almost forgotten how good he was to watch,it's been that long. If he comes back and he's lost a couple of yards or isn't the bowler he was, fine I suppose. But it would be good to actually see him on the park for long enough to see if it's the case. I suspect if he somehow manages to break the habits of a lifetime and stay fit that he'll still be awesome, but if he isn't then let it be his performances which end his international career, rather than more injury.

TheJediBrah

Pattinson
Cummins
Starc
Siddle
Hazlewood
Marsh
Neser
Wade
Warner bowling seaming mediums
Anderson

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Anderson will bag a bunch in those conditions.
Broad may have one day when he's irresistible but no more
Woakes to be neutralized.
Archer to flatter to deceive.

I wish for this Ashes to be the real making of Pat Cummins. He's already Mr. Reliable, but he'll have to pitch it up a little more than he's wont to.
Picking Pattinson over Hazlewood not a long-term solution. Besides, expect Haze to be dominant in England especially during the early exchanges.
Can't put a finger on Starc's pulse yet. Will have to see how he looks the first time he gets to bowl.

stephen

Anderson will bag a bunch in those conditions.
Broad may have one day when he's irresistible but no more
Woakes to be neutralized.
Archer to flatter to deceive.

I wish for this Ashes to be the real making of Pat Cummins. He's already Mr. Reliable, but he'll have to pitch it up a little more than he's wont to.
Picking Pattinson over Hazlewood not a long-term solution. Besides, expect Haze to be dominant in England especially during the early exchanges.
Can't put a finger on Starc's pulse yet. Will have to see how he looks the first time he gets to bowl.
Pattinson should play instead of Starc, particularly in English conditions.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
I'd just like to see the bloke get an extended run to see if he's still capable of producing the goods at test level. I've almost forgotten how good he was to watch,it's been that long. If he comes back and he's lost a couple of yards or isn't the bowler he was, fine I suppose. But it would be good to actually see him on the park for long enough to see if it's the case. I suspect if he somehow manages to break the habits of a lifetime and stay fit that he'll still be awesome, but if he isn't then let it be his performances which end his international career, rather than more injury.
Apparently Pattinson was by far the best and most menacing bowler in the Australia team trial match despite not getting the best figures. He bowled with real pace and excellent control.

stephen

Apparently Pattinson was by far the best and most menacing bowler in the Australia team trial match despite not getting the best figures. He bowled with real pace and excellent control.
Yeah he's the nastiest bowler Australia have. He's genuine ATG level at his best.