Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rank the pacers - who do you think will be the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Flint View Post
    Other than his 1st class record, none of his stats are that phenomenal tbh and they are mainly all from favourable conditions. Not denying he's a decent international bowler when fit, just not the gun that he's hyped up here to be
    You need to have watched him live.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Renowned green top Australian pitches which everyone else says are really tough to bowl on. Get in the bin.
    Obviously australian pitches are easier for bowlers who have grown up bowling on them lol. Same way most Aussie bowlers have a better record in Australia as they do in England

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnodouche View Post
    You will absolutely need Starc to handle that pesky English tail. The only occasion when no one should grudge him his lower order wickets.

I really don't see how Pattinson gets in unless there's an injury or if someone is woefully out of rhythm.
    Starc's ability to wipe out a tail which can actually bat is highly overrated. He can blast out numpties who hold the bat backwards (like the SL tailenders) better than anyone, but I'm highly dubious of his ability to run through a lower order like England which is filled with guys who wont just back away and expose the stumps every other ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

I actually put $20 on Pattinson to top the wickets for Australia a week ago and he was paying $13.

He's now dropped to $4 and so TAB is offering a cash out number (affected purely by odds changing) of $48.

So I could more than double my money just for correctly predicting he'd get picked in the XI.

Deep down I really feel he won't get the most wickets for a number of reasons(open plans to use him sparingly for one) but I can't bring myself to cash out coz I'm so hyped for him to crush.

Feel like I'm on deal or no deal
    cricket rules brah

Gob
    Other than his 1st class record, none of his stats are that phenomenal tbh and they are mainly all from favourable conditions. Not denying he's a decent international bowler when fit, just not the gun that he's hyped up here to be
    Lol ok
    Dead Dove Do Not Eat

Virat-Vaughan-Amla

International Vice-Captain aussie tragic's Avatar
    I know what "ok" means but "lol ok" is taking it to the next level

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Starc's ability to wipe out a tail which can actually bat is highly overrated. He can blast out numpties who hold the bat backwards (like the SL tailenders) better than anyone, but I'm highly dubious of his ability to run through a lower order like England which is filled with guys who wont just back away and expose the stumps every other ball.
    It depends if he gets reverse swing, but yeah it won't be as easy as it is for him with the white ball. He'll definitely get Moeen and probably Anderson as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    But that English tail has made merry against bowling attacks which suddenly forgot how to bowl to lower order batsmen. Case in point being India last summer. There is no way teams have bowled as well as they should have against a rookie like Curran for example.

All this is assuming Starc gets his pace and yorkers in right order obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    It depends if he gets reverse swing, but yeah it won't be as easy as it is for him with the white ball. He'll definitely get Moeen and probably Anderson as well.
    And Broad btw 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Trundler, have you seen him bowl much aside from YouTube videos? It's been that long I can barely recall how he went. I think last time he played a test match he was using that side on slingy type action, but looking at his recent FC highlights, it looks like he's reverted to his original action.

Edit: just looking at some footage of his highlights, it's amazing the amount of inside edges/ drag ons he used to get.
    I've failed to find any small channels for matches he's played in since his return so YouTube is all I've got.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

Obviously australian pitches are easier for bowlers who have grown up bowling on them lol. Same way most Aussie bowlers have a better record in Australia as they do in England
    > Easy pitches that anyone can score tons of runs on
    > Favourable pitches that are easy to bowl on for those who grew up on them.

Pick one. Or, alternatively, actually watch the bloke bowl before making judgments.

Also a reminder that ever since 2009 the key English bowler in the Ashes has been Broad, not Anderson.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    > Easy pitches that anyone can score tons of runs on
    > Favourable pitches that are easy to bowl on for those who grew up on them.

Pick one. Or, alternatively, actually watch the bloke bowl before making judgments.

Also a reminder that ever since 2009 the key English bowler in the Ashes has been Broad, not Anderson.
    Did you miss the 10-11 series?

Plenty of Anderson specials in the home wins since too.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Did you miss the 10-11 series?

Plenty of Anderson specials in the home wins since too.
    I actually was going to edit that to "in England" but forgot. But I do reckon that without Broad, things are dramatically different in 2009, arguably different in 2013 (Anderson got the plaudits at TB and rightly so but Broad actually bowled at least as well if not better IMO without reward, and really asphyxiated Australia at vital stages during the run chase). And of course 2015.

There's a case to be made that England would still have won all those series without Anderson (certainly 2009). I don't think you could make such a case without Broad, IMO he's been your most consistent bowler with the exception of 2010/11 which he missed.

I guess my point is that the bloke is still, somehow, underrated, at least when it comes to the Ashes. He just consistently stands up in big series. But as you know this is a drum I've been beating basically on my entire time on this forum
    Last edited by Spark; 30-07-2019 at 03:57 PM.

We wouldn’t have won in 09 without him bowling in tandem with Freddie at Lord’s. In fact we wouldn’t have won in 09 without his batting at Cardiff for that matter! He did fall off a cliff from the second did at Edgbaston on though.

2013, Broad was excellent at TB for sure but Anderson took a 10fer and we won by 14 runs. So feasibly we are one down with one played and the series dynamic is upside down.

2015, his six fer at Edgbaston was a deciding factor, obviously he went down injured later. But in a series we won 3-2 he bowled a match winning spell.

So personally I don’t think there is any such case tbh.

EDIT - completely agree with your on Broad in The Ashes though, as you know.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    We wouldn’t have won in 09 without him bowling in tandem with Freddie at Lord’s. In fact we wouldn’t have won in 09 without his batting at Cardiff for that matter! He did fall off a cliff from the second did at Edgbaston on though.

2013, Broad was excellent at TB for sure but Anderson took a 10fer and we won by 14 runs. So feasibly we are one down with one played and the series dynamic is upside down.

2015, his six fer at Edgbaston was a deciding factor, obviously he went down injured later. But in a series we won 3-2 he bowled a match winning spell.

So personally I don’t think there is any such case tbh.

EDIT - completely agree with your on Broad in The Ashes though, as you know.
    You blokes are just comparing enlisted ranks in Dad's Army here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information