• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian intra-squad warm up game 23-26 August, The rose Bowl, Southampton

aussie tragic

International Captain
Harris (6, 15), Head (1, 0) and Patterson (2, 0) with double failures here. Does this mean these 3 Test incumbents should all be out of the XI lol

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did you watch that match? Fantastic cure for insomnia.
Not disputing the decision. Just saying it goes beyond CW and CA. There's a global pushback against roads and we might see a global overcompensation. Oh well it's exciting to watch

wrongun

Banned
Not disputing the decision. Just saying it goes beyond CW and CA. There's a global pushback against roads and we might see a global overcompensation. Oh well it's exciting to watch
Tbh I do not mind this. Will separate the gun batsmen from the rest and will make the games result oriented, unlike the boring MCG snoozefests.

aussie tragic

International Captain
This can't be happening...Marsh top scores in Hick XII with 29 and now has a fivefor...Langer is going to Langer over this

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
So the following have completed their 2 innings contribution for this match

Warner - 62 runs (4,58)
Labuschagne - 47 runs (41,6)
Pucovski - 41 runs (4,37)
Carey - 32 runs (6,26)
Harris - 21 runs (6,15)
Burns - 18 runs (18,0)
Smith - 17 runs (9,8)
Patterson - 2 runs (2,0)
Head - 1 run (1,0)

* Bancroft currently 3rd highest scorer with 42 runs (17,25*)

Marsh - 6 wkts (1-13,5-34)
Pattinson - 4 wkts (1-16,3-19)
Neser - 4 wkts (4-18,0-24)
Tremain - 3 wkts (1-15,2-27)
Bird - 3 wkts (3-28,0-34)
Lyon - 0 wkts (0-10,0-18)

* Cummins currently best bowler with 6 wkts (5-24,1-14*) and Siddle currently 3rd best with 5 wkts (4-32,1-3*)

Note: Predicted test attack of Hazlewood, Starc and Lyon have 1-102 between them on this pitch!

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If no usman i expect a reactive XI, im just not certain on the final bowler so ill select my number 11 based on heart size.

Bancroft
Warner
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Marsh
Paine
Cummins
Pattinson
Lyon
Siddle.

Honestly, the first 10 wouldnt surprise me in the slighest.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If no usman i expect a reactive XI, im just not certain on the final bowler so ill select my number 11 based on heart size.

Bancroft
Warner
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Marsh
Paine
Cummins
Pattinson
Lyon
Siddle.

Honestly, the first 10 wouldnt surprise me in the slighest.
Were this the XI but with Starc over Siddle, it would most certainly #batdeep.

Though not necessarily #batwell

Spark

Global Moderator
Hazlewood really needs to be on notice. Hasn't justified his reputation for a while now, especially when you have the axe murderer and Bird waiting in the wings.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope selectors resist the urge to pick Marsh, who is doing his "perform in an A game" thing again.

Also, they need to resist the silly urge to pick Bancroft who needs more time to improve his domestic stats and start knocking down the door.

But with JL in charge who knows what's going to happen.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Not predicted by me. Starc and Hazlewood have been out of my side for a while.
Well that's just you. Change for the sake of change is always the wrong way to think selection wise

Bet you anything this is enough for Langer to meme MMarsh into the starting XI for Edgbaston

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well that's just you. Change for the sake of change is always the wrong way to think selection wise

Bet you anything this is enough for Langer to meme MMarsh into the starting XI for Edgbaston
Forget about Starc for a minute, there's no reason Hazlewood should be a certainty, or even a likelihood, at this point