• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

BSM

U19 Cricketer
That is where someone like Prior was perfect, he would get the majority of calls right from behind the stumps and was about the only person able to reign in Broad who would review as often as Shane Watson if he could. Bairstow isn't in the same league as Prior was, Haddin was decent at it. Not seen enough of Paine but that wasn't a good one.
Yeah Bairstow is also usually pretty bad himself in calling for a review. Sometimes convinces Root to go for one when it was never really close

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Bairstow is also usually pretty bad himself in calling for a review. Sometimes convinces Root to go for one when it was never really close
He is either brilliant or terrible, if we are on top he is good but if it is tight he goes for a punt too often.

vcs

Kind of an unwanted consequence of the system that knowing when to review becomes a really, really important skill for keepers. What Paine just did is the equivalent of dropping a sitter.
I hate the fact that we're evaluating keepers on this.

flibbertyjibber

All part of the package now though. 25 years ago we weren't discussing how good a bat they were and basically becoming a 7th top order player but we take it for granted now.

morgieb

Funnily enough I've seen Paine go for some brilliant reviews. Has had a few clangers though.

Weird Lyon was hooked so early on.

Uppercut

It's kind of the opposite of what happened in baseball, where technology revealed that the most important skill for a catcher was catching the ball in a way that made the umpire think it was a strike.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's kind of the opposite of what happened in baseball, where technology revealed that the most important skill for a catcher was catching the ball in a way that made the umpire think it was a strike.
Jeez, can you explain more how this works, please?