• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pattinson is more McGrath-ish than I remembered. I thought he was more about the shape away but it's the accuracy+bounce that's standing out.

flibbertyjibber

Realistically Roy is a guy who will get the odd quick fifty, not do much otherwise. I'd be a lot more afraid of him if he was batting down the order, same as how Finch bats five in the FC stuff.
Roy will probably get 2 x 70's in this series and they could be vital knocks in a series with so few good bats.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pattinson is more McGrath-ish than I remembered. I thought he was more about the shape away but it's the accuracy+bounce that's standing out.
He's bit like Cummins in that he used to have a beautiful outswinger then lost it. I think the action changes due to injury must have made it harder, although one would forget how to swing the ball bowling with a kookaburra in Australia anyway, because it never moves regardless.

Burns may be ugly, but he looks a lot more solid than I expected from descriptions here. May still not get that much, but at least seems to bat somewhat like a proper opener.

vcs

Most openers around the world are no different to any other batsman in the lineup - decent at home and suck in unfamiliar conditions. Except for England's lot, who suck everywhere.

Uppercut

Realistically Roy is a guy who will get the odd quick fifty, not do much otherwise. I'd be a lot more afraid of him if he was batting down the order, same as how Finch bats five in the FC stuff.
Don't know if those opinions add up, once he's got to 50 it'll be much like coming in at 5. I can see him making the odd big score but constantly exposing the middle order to the new ball would be a problem.

Aggro openers tend to be a bit boom-or-bust. Sehwag, Jayasuriya.

trundler

Look, they've learnt to umpire overnight.

Cummins doing the bowl a yard too short and look unlucky routine

Starfighter

The prospect of Siddle bowling on this slow a pitch is not a good one to me, with the lack of pace Starc's ability to get life out of the deadest pitches would have been great. Maybe he'll surprise me.

mr_mister

Patttto

Starc your test career is done ****. Focus on the white ball stuff and try to be the next Bracken

Starfighter

Petition for the player's full initials to be put on the TV scorecard? 'J Anderson' doesn't look as right as 'JM Anderson'.