• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Spark

Global Moderator
oh god I feel for poor Joel Wilson here

shocker of a day.
The bloke has pretty clearly gotten completely rattled. Dar too, I think the crowd has got to them a little. Easily intimidated into firing batsmen out now.

cnerd123

likes this
okay im finally tuned in

the broadcast has Siddle on 1* but according to cricbuzz he has yet to get off the mark

what happened here

cnerd123

likes this
The bloke has pretty clearly gotten completely rattled. Dar too, I think the crowd has got to them a little. Easily intimidated into firing batsmen out now.
i think they're just struggling to focus. Wilson's only done 13 Tests so he's pretty new, he could be giving into the crowd, but Dar shouldn't getting intimidated.

Then again they're human, and if your partner is having a bad day it can rub off on you.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i don't know why we can't have a camera angle solely focused on smith's fidgets, with it showing in the top right hand corner of the screen at all times

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Is there some sort of psychological training the ICC could give umpires, at least at the top level, or something like that?

I'd think they'd at least have the funds to look into something

King Pietersen

International Captain
Are they going to constantly talk about Smith's fidgeting in every Test this summer as if it's a new thing? They were only talking about it 10 minutes ago.

Spark

Global Moderator
i think they're just struggling to focus. Wilson's only done 13 Tests so he's pretty new, he could be giving into the crowd, but Dar shouldn't getting intimidated.

Then again they're human, and if your partner is having a bad day it can rub off on you.
It was the Smith LBW that really made me think they're being intimidated. That was not in a million years on line with the stumps, and yet Dar gave it out immediately. Didn't even pause to think about it.