• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Am I the only one to have noticed cricket publications from the seventies and eighties bigging up Marsh's batting as a keeper when Knott averaged quite a bit more?
IIRC Marsh's average tanked significantly after WSC. His average was more like Knott's in his prime.

Spark

Global Moderator
Seems like you're talking about the matches as a general concept rather than the ones that actually happened.
That is what happened though. Massive, extravagant movement in the air and off the pitch basically like clockwork once the sun went down.

It's worth remembering that those first two pitches especially had a lot of grass on them.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Between Marsh and Healy there were a bunch more who couldn't ton up. Dyer, Zoeher, Phillips

Healy was pretty crummy, hideous technique, he just got to play a million tests
Phillips tonned up, just not as a keeper

edit — In fact, he scored one of his two centuries (3rd test, W.I., 83/84) while he was keeper.

Last edited:

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
Get in your thread named for you, so much crap about Siddle who has had zero play so far
I've seem him bowl loads in the Championship for 2 different teams and as i've already said 'he's the best Aussie bowler i've seen in English conditions'.
He's also underrated with the bat.

But in your defence, I obviously understand why you'd think the way you do as I also have no idea what happens in the Fosters XXXX Championship over in Crimland.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that's a bit similar to a dismissal of his from the last Ashes, just a really poorly executed pull shot. That one was in Adelaide where he was 60 odd and threw away a ton though