• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Spark

Global Moderator
Feels really misguided to have just two reviews per innings when this is the standard of umpiring that's going to be put up in a marquee series.

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
I might have been half joking about Shakoor. But seriously this has gotta be the worst umpiring i've seen in such a short space of time.

Has a South Asian betting syndicate got some kind of DRS spot fix bet on?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Isn't this a carbon copy of Australia's innings in the WC semi? Just got a rush of déja vu.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia in danger of folding on a decent pitch here. A low score is never the end of the world against our batting lineup of course but I don't think you can say it has done anything out of the ordinary
There's not been a single instance of test cricket that I've watched in Australia in ten years with this amount of seam movement after 35 overs, expect at Hobart. Yes that says more about our pitches, but still.

Spark

Global Moderator
There's not been a single instance of test cricket that I've watched in Australia in ten years with this amount of seam movement after 35 overs, expect at Hobart. Yes that says more about our pitches, but still.
In general yes but as a statement of fact this is just not true, given that there have been three day-night Tests in that period of time and Perth last summer.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Need these two to stay here for a while. I think 250 is competitive and even 200 is probably defendable, but under it....

The main saving grace is that Stokes's first spell was awful and Moeen looked fairly middling first spell, so at least there's the chances to make hay once these two start to tire out.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Tbf, it probably also says a lot about English conditions but this just seems normal to me. A bit of movement is always there. Smith is making it look like a road though tbf

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
In general yes but as a statement of fact this is just not true, given that there have been three day-night Tests in that period of time and Perth last summer.
Perhaps Australian balls are worse