• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Stapel

International Regular
Can't wait for this to start!

Overcast & humid today in Birmingham, I reckon. I expect to see 5 wickets before lunch. If England bat first, 6, but Burns' wicket doesn't really count, does it?

I reallty can't see the bloke surviving this series, despite the utter lack of proper alternatives.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
One of the very best things on CW is Noofers unconditional love for Siddle. And from what I've seen he more often than not has the last laugh.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Love the cricinfo game page which has Joe Root as a player to watch by stating last 10 games averaging 32.25 lol

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like Paine’s response when asked by a soap dodgers reporter if the ****hole is the most intimidating ground in world cricket. “Here? I’ll name you 15 others.” Good on him. Fat, flaccid, Pommy ****wits do not intimidators make.

Gob

International Coach
I'm at the beach and going to shops later.

Wish Benchmark00 was here to like this

Woodster

International Captain
Be interesting to see if either captain has confidence in their batting in order to win the toss and bat first ? Warne reckons it’s a bat first deck, yes it’s cloudy and it’ll swing around, just can’t really see either skipper opting to have a hit first up.

Aritro

International Regular
What's people's beef with Jimmy Anderson? Seems like a nice, quietly spoken chap in interviews

Gob

International Coach
Be interesting to see if either captain has confidence in their batting in order to win the toss and bat first ? Warne reckons it’s a bat first deck, yes it’s cloudy and it’ll swing around, just can’t really see either skipper opting to have a hit first up.
If it seams it spins etc. Don't listen to Shaun Warne