• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
For the Aussies.......

I've just seen that GEM are showing the Ashes, I thought Ch9 were done with all cricket now?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The deal for this series and the WC was done before the rights change. This is Nine’s swansong.

FBU

International Debutant
I feel winning the toss Root will want to bat, Australia will want to bowl first. First they will have to shake hands.

Guardian
Tim Paine, the Australia captain, has looked to bring in the football‑inspired goodwill ritual at the start of every Test series his side play as a way of rebuilding their image after the ball‑tampering scandal in South Africa last year. But Root and Trevor Bayliss, the England captain and head coach respectively, are understood to have been surprised during a meeting on Wednesday with Ranjan Madugalle, the International Cricket Council match referee, when they saw it on the running order agreed by the two countries without being asked formally.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Sadly going off on holiday in circa three hours so won't see much of the first test. Really looking forward to the series overall though, and think it will be very close. Just hope it's not like 2015 with a close scoreline that was made by a bunch of one sided games going each teams way. Leaning 60-40 Australia; better second best batsman and likely better 3rd seamer/spinner. Was also thinking earlier that Aus have dominated the most recent Ashes test at all the venues after the first test. Probably a bit of a red herring, though you'd imagine conditions at a Trent Bridge or Chester-le-Street would suit England more than Old Trafford, and their own recent record at Headingley is surprisingly bad.

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
As someone that chose World Cup win over The Ashes in those polls the summer has already been a massive win.
So I can relax and watch The Ashes with that in mind. The main heat will be on that team that got massacred in the semi-final when the pressure was on.

Bring it on!! Let the fun in the sun commence.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Good on England for starting the series at their Edgbaston "Fortress" as Australia's Gabba "Fortress" wasn't even used last summer vs India.

This will make the Aussie victory even more sweet

Burgey

As someone that chose World Cup win over The Ashes in those polls the summer has already been a massive win.
So I can relax and watch The Ashes with that in mind. The main heat will be on that team that got massacred in the semi-final when the pressure was on.

Bring it on!! Let the fun in the sun commence.
Already making excuses for this series, I see. itstl

TheJediBrah

If Aus lose the first couple of Tests I don't think Aussie tragic will be hanging around much anyway

TheJediBrah

Unless I'm mistaken there's unlikely to be any Queenslanders in the team, that's promising

(Khawaja is a NSW boy)