• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

wrongun

Banned
Probably right but they make out they so pure and it was a one off that they need hammering for it.

Remember the SPIRIT OF CRICKET lark they went on about for years?
Ok we get it. You hate Australia, just like every non Australia supporting cricket fan. Nothing unique....none of your posts have any relevance to the game. I’ve watched Aus win all 5 WCs in my time. You just got to see your team awarded the cup on a technicality which made them default winners....there is a separate thread to discuss that.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok we get it. You hate Australia, just like every non Australia supporting cricket fan. Nothing unique....none of your posts have any relevance to the game. I’ve watched Aus win all 5 WCs in my time. You just got to see your team awarded the cup on a technicality which made them default winners....there is a separate thread to discuss that.
Attack the post not the poster. Crim.

wrongun

Banned
Or if the lbw had been given correctly in the first place. But Paine, to me, comes across as a really listless captain and not one who's likely to strong decisions. I expect more of the same when play commences.
You’re right about Paine. To add to that, what makes me angry is that if this happens on day 1 I may cut him some slack but after a day with 8 well documented umpiring gaffes, he shouldn’t be that hesitant with the worst outcome being umpires call.

the big bambino

International Captain
The endgame of Sandpaper gate was a ploy by Australia to make flibberty look like a ****. Ok I have no proof but look it’s happened.

flibbertyjibber

Not really, I call you lot crims, don't attack the poster, attack your team and nation which is fair game. never the poster apart from Burgey and he gives it back in spades anyway.

Like your swimmer got arsey about a Chinese drug cheat when an Aussie girl failed the test and was banned, hypocrisy of the highest order.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You’re right about Paine. To add to that, what makes me angry is that if this happens on day 1 I may cut him some slack but after a day with 8 well documented umpiring gaffes, he shouldn’t be that hesitant with the worst outcome being umpires call.
It's not just the DRS, but things like the clearly wrong strategy of bowling around the wicket to Burns.

flibbertyjibber

No ones attacking you :) I just don’t see the point of you ranting about Cape Town when it hasn’t nothing to do with Edgbaston.
Because you were clearly at it a few months before in the ashes, not that you needed to be as we were not good enough to win anyway.

flibbertyjibber

It's not just the DRS, but things like the clearly wrong strategy of bowling around the wicket to Burns.
That was hilarious, just feed his best shot and not attack his weakness.

Don't get me wrong, for certain players it is a great tactic and works but the ploy here was one that backfired terribly. Makes you think it was from one of the bowlers who played against him in county cricket and it worked in that game as his career so far you just need to bowl normally and wait for the technique to fail.

Last edited:

wrongun

Banned
Because you were clearly at it a few months before in the ashes, not that you needed to be as we were not good enough to win anyway.
This makes zero sense...maybe you’re confusing me for another poster but be my guest. The smarter strategy would be to target JL and the Siddle selection but keep focusing on Cape Town. Poor sledging really but that’s expected from a Pom.

flibbertyjibber

This makes zero sense...maybe you’re confusing me for another poster but be my guest. The smarter strategy would be to target JL and the Siddle selection but keep focusing on Cape Town. Poor sledging really but that’s expected from a Pom.
Well you lot are proven cheats and will get stick all series but will moan about the nasty crowd singing songs and booing players who deserve it. Not like your own fans weren't ****s giving Broad stick a few years ago for far less.

We can leave it now, just know it will be called out for a long time as your side made out they were beyond cheating and upheld the spirit of the game when they were worse than anyone else. Suck it up.

wrongun

Banned

If you want to go one step further, I have continuously said that Aus should’ve gone with 5 bowlers. Let Uzi open. A team should always play to its strengths. Also, historically, day 2 gets easier for batting and this exact weather forecast was available a month ago online. They could’ve chosen to field but then w Siddle playing we probably would’ve given away 300+ on the first day too. Poor overall by Aus. Come back tomorrow, bowl fuller and faster and skittle them out for 330

wrongun

Banned
Well you lot are proven cheats and will get stick all series but will moan about the nasty crowd singing songs and booing players who deserve it. Not like your own fans weren't ****s giving Broad stick a few years ago for far less.

We can leave it now, just know it will be called out for a long time as your side made out they were beyond cheating and upheld the spirit of the game when they were worse than anyone else. Suck it up.

I have no problems with everyone calling it out but I see enough of that garbage elsewhere. No point in rehashing it here...I expect this forum to actually have intelligent posts regarding the game with the occasional banter ofcourse. Also, I don’t mind Aus playing dirty and hard. All teams do it to a certain degree. It’s international sports not a school debate competition. I don’t mind all the talk about a Aus being cheats etc....it’s just boring beyond a certain point that’s all.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really, I call you lot crims, don't attack the poster, attack your team and nation which is fair game. never the poster apart from Burgey and he gives it back in spades anyway.

Like your swimmer got arsey about a Chinese drug cheat when an Aussie girl failed the test and was banned, hypocrisy of the highest order.
Dude, just stop

Show me where any Australian is making excuses for the swimmer

It’s almost certain that she will be banned and nobody has any sympathy

Meanwhile, Ashes 2005, Broad, Anderson & Atherton

Hypocrisy much?

wrongun

Banned
Dude, just stop

Show me where any Australian is making excuses for the swimmer

It’s almost certain that she will be banned and nobody has any sympathy

Meanwhile, Ashes 2005, Broad, Anderson & Atherton

Hypocrisy much?
Wasn’t, there also MattPrior gummy bear gate with Zaheer Khan in 2008? Even the mishandling of KP was shameful. And not to forget the Ben Stokes assault fiasco and the Hales narcotics stuff. Self righteous Poms are laughable.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Caught a couple of hours today and Burns has an odd technique. I don’t recall seeing such a pronounced look over the leading shoulder before. Paines captaincy was poor and jeez Siddles trundling. Stokes is a worry if he gets going tomorrow.