• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’m hearing that Siddle has a big heart and will run in all day. Can anyone confirm?
This is apparently true, and his aorta has been training strongly. He's also the closest thing we have outside Wade to Ireland's 120kph trundlers, so we are looking at preying on that weakness.

Burgey

In glorious news, my best mate (and best man at both my weddings) is down in Sydney for work atm from the GC, and we are catching up at a pub tomorrow evening to watch the first session or two. Will be like old times. Very much looking forward to it.

TheJediBrah

A third of Harris's Tests have been opening with Burns so not sure how you can say that. Harris averaged 23.00 while Burns averaged 68.00 in those tests.
Then you haven't been paying attention.

In glorious news, my best mate (and best man at both my weddings) is down in Sydney for work atm from the GC, and we are catching up at a pub tomorrow evening to watch the first session or two. Will be like old times. Very much looking forward to it.
which pub? I'll fly in

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

So what were Harris' other tests?
I really have no interest going around again explaining something that shouldn't need explaining. At this stage I'm happy for you to delude yourselves in any way you'd like on this topic.

Burgey

Reports Starc omitted. Not clear who’s in, but if it’s Siddle over Haze it’s a farce.

Burgey

Won’t it be awesome when Paine comes up to the stumps as PSiddy shuffles in for the second over of the test? Wonderful.

morgieb

It's all about those div 2 wickets (in fairness, Patto's CC wickets have mostly been Div 2 as well).

However he was selected in the UAE on the basis of his county form (in green seaming conditions) as Langer will come up with any twisted excuse.
Wrong. Siddle's wickets have all come in Division 1.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How is Siddle even in the running? Has he had that prolific a Shield to warrant being picked at age 35 after being thoroughly pedestrian for the last however many years?
Probably not at 35, but at 34? Of course he has. Do I dare say, leader of the attack?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
"Experience in conditions" is the official line. He's been worse than every other Victorian fast bowler for the last few seasons. Tremain, Boland, Pattinson and Hastings have all been better.
How about Andrew Fekete.

Checkmate.

Gob

International Coach
Wrong decision but i'll live with Haze.

If its Siddle though i'll throw a tantrum

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia's worst possible XI without players playing incorrect roles :

Bancroft
Harris
Khawaja
Head*
Wade+
Marsh
Neser
Starc
Siddle
Hazelwood
Lyon

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If you want to impress your mate during the first sessionvafter Siddle has figures of 3/19, let him know that he's surpassed Grimmett on the all time wicket taking list.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Starc, Siddle, Hazelwood as an attack reminds me of the Johnson, Siddle, Hilfenhaus days. They also had Lyon as their spinner, despite those days feeling like an eternity ago.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Starc, Siddle, Hazelwood as an attack reminds me of the Johnson, Siddle, Hilfenhaus days. They also had Lyon as their spinner, despite those days feeling like an eternity ago.
At a guess I don't think that quartet ever played a Test together. Lyon wasn't around when the trio played in 10/11, and Hilfenhaus & Johnson both hardly played together after that.

Gob

International Coach
At a guess I don't think that quartet ever played a Test together. Lyon wasn't around when the trio played in 10/11, and Hilfenhaus & Johnson both hardly played together after that.
Lyon made his debut after that Ashes in Sri Lanka. Got Kumar Sangakkara from his first ball iirc

morgieb

Lyon made his debut after that Ashes in Sri Lanka. Got Kumar Sangakkara from his first ball iirc
Yeah Hilfenhaus got dropped after the Ashes before that though. And he only came back after a couple of guys (including Johnson) got injured.