• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Which is still a slower pace than yesterday at this same stage. I think we were already up to 5 at this point.
And for all my snark I think all of the decisions have been semi-defendable. First one didn't look all that great of a shout live, second one the noise was a wooden one and I can believe why the umpire would think that was the bat. That one was worse, but at least it wasn't a massive edge like the Siddle one.

Root starting to look really good. Can see things going to **** quickly for Australia.

Spark

Global Moderator
And for all my snark I think all of the decisions have been semi-defendable. First one didn't look all that great of a shout live, second one the noise was a wooden one and I can believe why the umpire would think that was the bat. That one was worse, but at least it wasn't a massive edge like the Siddle one.

Root starting to look really good. Can see things going to **** quickly for Australia.
I think it's the process on these LBWs which is bothering more than anything else. It really doesn't feel very considered.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Messrs Boycott, Vaughan and Maxwell on TMS all advocating for a return to the best umpires available, regardless of nationality, in light of DRS.

Thoughts?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hate this logic so much.
Yeah, as much as I've criticised Paine (really scapegoated) he's behind the batsman, the bowler is at an angle, the one person who has the greatest chance to get it right is the umpire. Subsequent bad decision making does not justify prior bad decision making, and doesn't make it the victim's fault.

BSM

U19 Cricketer

It's the abundance of wrong decisions more than anything. If any of these were the only one (maybe two) wrong decisions given in a day I think people would be much more lenient on the umpires