• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
By the way, when did around the wicket become the default option to lefties in international cricket? It was something you did in juniors, but over felt like the clearly better option to Burns.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Vital difference is that Lyon can be relied on to take a significant chunk of the workload though cf Moeen.
True, though I have a feeling Moeen is going to do well in the 2nd innings. As long as we get a decent total here of course

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Normally you’re looking for an opener 40 not out after batting a full session before lunch to press on and dominate a bit. If Burns stays in he probably won’t change from what we’ve seen already.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Normally you’re looking for an opener 40 not out after batting a full session before lunch to press on and dominate a bit. If Burns stays in he probably won’t change from what we’ve seen already.
If he does another two hours of what he did this morning he’ll have done a great job

flibbertyjibber

Given the amount of strokemakers we have to come that isn't a problem though. Grind them into the dirt and carry on grinding them.

91Jmay

International Coach
Good session but feels like they have got the choke on well and truly. Wicket could lead to a few falling, Burns has looked pretty good aside from the let off but Root looks so out of form.

flibbertyjibber

Lol. She’s a real stroke makers deck, this. They’re more likely to make sub 250 than get a big lead
That is my point, we need to grind them into the dirt, the flashy stroke players will play that way no matter what, one may come off and get 40 off 60 but they will probably fail.

Burgey

This is the first time I’ve heard the lamentable David Lloyd interviewed without mentioning that he got hit in the balls in 1974-75.

Whaat a claim to fame.

Burgey

That is my point, we need to grind them into the dirt, the flashy stroke players will play that way no matter what, one may come off and get 40 off 60 but they will probably fail.
Fair.

Was a very tight session. Is it still meant to rain days four and five?

Burgey

This is the first time I’ve heard the lamentable David Lloyd interviewed without mentioning that he got hit in the balls in 1974-75.

Whaat a claim to fame.
Faaaaaaarrrrkkkkkkk they brought it up with him! ****ing hell

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member

Whaat a claim to fame.
That was a great series. You tell young people today that all the coverage you got was the last two hours early in the morning with a very crackly radio and they don't believe you.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Burns has done pretty well given that the impression I'd gained from previous threads was that him being in the side was like England having only ten players