• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd thread - Ashes predictions

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Score: 5-0 to England
Most runs: Root
Most wickets: Anderson
Worst poster in the subbie: Burgey

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Score: 0-0
Most runs: Rain
Most wickets: Rain
Worst poster in the subbie: anyone who says English weather isn't that bad

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah **** it

Score: 3-1 England
Most Runs: Root (Eng), Smith (Aus)
Most Wickets: Anderson (Eng), Cummins (Aus)
Days of play affected by rain: 7
Aus' lowest score (±10): 100
Dropped players: Roy (if plays), Eng's no. three (Denly?), whichever of Harris and Burns starts, and Khawaja if fit and plays
Other: Starc to still not strike a length and take wickets in England, Broad to finally be demoted to first change
Worst poster: got two in mind so far, names withheld to protect the gutless (i.e. me)

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia 3-2
Most runs : Smith
Most wickets : Anderson

Broad to have a poor series and Root a generally disappointing one with a century in the 5th match (dead rubber).

trundler

3-1 Australia
Smith
Anderson
Probably half a dozen or so nothing pommie posters that only show up to whine in tour threads.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh and might I add: Pattinson to not be given a potential chance until two days before it emerges he is injured.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Mostly Australia centric, meh.

Most runs- Root (Eng), Warner (Aus)

Most wickets- Anderson (Eng), Lyon (Aus)

Surprise of the series- Kurt Patterson making a lot of runs - 2 important tons.

Paines breaks hand/wrist/finger in first or second test, out for series. Wade in team already at #6 so easy solution re. keeping for remainder of test. Cummins appointed captain for remainder of series with Carey coming in as keeper and VC. Paine retires at series' end and Carey appointed permanent captain after only having played 3 or 4 tests.

If Wade plays as a batsman he will also take 3 or more wickets during the series.

Pattinson to take an average of 6 wickets per test he plays.

Cummins to struggle a little bit with the ball, under 15 wickets in the 5 tests, but will make a crucial century during the series.

Cummins and Starc to be the only two quicks to play all 5 tests.

morgieb

3-2 England
Most runs: Smith, Root
Most wickets: Cummins, Anderson
Dropped players: Denly, Harris/Burns (whichever one starts), Hazlewood, Khawaja
Bold prediction: Series goes to the final day

flibbertyjibber

3-1 England.
Most runs Root and Smith
Most wickets Anderson and Cummins
Dropped Denly, Burns. Hazlewood
Bold prediction Aussie win is in last test when series is long gone.
Worst poster Burgey

Burgey

I just gotta quote this one:
He's right. England's batting is worse even than ours, which I didn't think was possible. And our bowling will at least cancel theirs out.

I, however, do think there'll be some rain, so:

3-1 Australia
Runs: Smith, Warner, Root, Stokes
Wickets: Cummins, Haze, Lyon, Anderson
Dropped players: Roy, Broad, Khawaja

Worst poster: Corrin, FJ. Who's that woeful bloke with Pietersen in his username? He'll be a shout too.

morgieb

He's right. England's batting is worse even than ours, which I didn't think was possible. And our bowling will at least cancel theirs out.

I, however, do think there'll be some rain, so:

3-1 Australia
Runs: Smith, Warner, Root, Stokes
Wickets: Cummins, Haze, Lyon, Anderson
Dropped players: Roy, Broad, Khawaja

Worst poster: Corrin, FJ. Who's that woeful bloke with Pietersen in his username? He'll be a shout too.
Our side is better than their's in neutral conditions IMO, but England are also very well set up for their own conditions. And I think our weaknesses seem a lot more exposed in English conditions than other ones.