• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd thread - Ashes predictions

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Scoreline: 2-2
Most runs: Warner
Most wickets: Anderson & Cummins
Surprise package: Moeen. Kinda nabbed from MW. His reputation feels like it's at an all time low but he rarely fails to do well in England.
Disappointments: Patto. Bit of a punt in the dark, and definitely hope to be wrong, but it just feels like there's a lot of expectations on a guy who hasn't played a test in over three years (as someone who hasn't been following the build up till the last couple of weeks I was a bit surprised). Could easily see him failing to live up to expectations and getting dropped for whoever of Haze/Starc is left out, or just breaking down.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scoreline: 2-2
Most runs: Warner
Most wickets: Anderson & Cummins
Surprise package: Moeen. Kinda nabbed from MW. His reputation feels like it's at an all time low but he rarely fails to do well in England.
Disappointments: Patto. Bit of a punt in the dark, and definitely hope to be wrong, but it just feels like there's a lot of expectations on a guy who hasn't played a test in over three years (as someone who hasn't been following the build up till the last couple of weeks I was a bit surprised). Could easily see him failing to live up to expectations and getting dropped for whoever of Haze/Starc is left out, or just breaking down.
He's never not performed in any test or fc match I've seen honestly. Him breaking down is certainly a chance, sure. But cannott see anyone other than Root or Stokes on a good day being able to dominate him. Too fast and too accurate

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't say I recall too well but didn't he have an ordinary time of it in Eng 2013?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember when his brother Darren was randomly catapulted into the England Test team because he took a few county wickets in the Aus off-season lol

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Scoreline: 3-1 Australia
Most runs: Steve Smith
Most wickets: Woakes
Surprise package: Bancroft
Disappointment: Joe Root

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Remember when his brother Darren was randomly catapulted into the England Test team because he took a few county wickets in the Aus off-season lol
Former poster Goughy (I say former poster as I’ve not seen him round here for ages and more is the pity) emailed the ECB after that and demanded the sacking of the selectors, and coach.

He didn’t bowl terribly but it was just a complete nonsense selection and we got hammered.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't say I recall too well but didn't he have an ordinary time of it in Eng 2013?
That was with his remodelled action which was supposed to prevent injury. It failed and hurt his performance. He's abandoned that and is back bowling with his original action.

TheJediBrah

Former poster Goughy (I say former poster as I’ve not seen him round here for ages and more is the pity) emailed the ECB after that and demanded the sacking of the selectors, and coach.

He didn’t bowl terribly but it was just a complete nonsense selection and we got hammered.
Yeah it was a farcical selection. I remember the outcry it was pretty hilarious. I watched a bit and he was actually one of the best of England's bowlers that game (not saying much though, they were hammered to all parts)

trundler

So, a whole bunch of annoying, unoriginal pommie posters have sprung up to contest for the worst poster award, as expected.