• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd thread - Ashes predictions

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
He’ll do enough in two tests to top both.

Good one giggling at a bloke being susceptible to injury too. Awesome
C'mon mate.....I was giggling at Soc's predictions. I seriously hope you can keep him on the park for 5 tests but I'm not sure it will happen. The world's been waiting a long time for Aus to show off their supposed best attack.......i for one want to see if they are all that.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Of course. But unfortunately no posting in jest is slowed any more, even between posters who are well known to each other, and unfortunately I therefore have no alternative but to report both your post and mine.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
2-1 Australia
Most runs Steve Smith (Australia), Woakes (England)
Most wickets: Cummins ties with Hazlewood (Australia), Woakes
Dropped Bancroft, Burns, Broad, Moeen Ali,
Bold prediction: Austrailia win at Edgbaston and lose at Lords
Worst poster: The Ashes brings out the worst in all of us

Uppercut

It’ll be just like every other English Ashes in the past decade i.e. every test will consist of one team being bowled out for nothing in their first innings and then giving up.

FBU

International Debutant
Even if Moeen doesn't make any runs, his recent Test form justifies picking him for his bowling alone.
Agreed.

England it will be 30/3 after 10 overs while Warner and Bancroft will have to wait for Ali to be brought on to make the breakthrough

FBU

International Debutant
Australia 4-0

Leading wicket takers Cummins and Broad
Leading run scorers Warner and Stokes
Strongest tail Australia
Strongest middle order England
Strongest openers Australia
Surprise inclusion Curran batting at 3 after 2nd Test

aussie tragic

International Captain
Predicting Aussies to win 3-1, Cummins most wkts, Smith most runs.

Dropped players: Bancroft, Broad, Roy, Burns, Denly

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Another prediction: I am tending to think one out of Anderson and Broad will have a big series and take plenty, where as the other will largely go missing throughout the series and make minimal impact. Which way round that will be I don't know

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
England 3 - 2

Most runs: Smith (Aus), Root (Eng, more by exclusion than anything);
Most Wickets: Anderson (Eng)
Worst Poster: the *****–Burgey circus

Australia to retain failures way too long
And related, Bancroft to be retained no matter what
Moeen to score an annoying innings at some point amid general failure, and Stokes and Broad to do something important to hurt Australia's chances (really hedging my bets there)
Curran will have either first, second or third highest cumulative scores of England players in tests he plays
James Pattinson not to live up to the hype
If Archer plays, most/all of his wickets will be off bouncers and short balls (a big risk on my part extrapolating from one-day to test cricket)

Last edited:

Burgey

Happily for all of us, ***** isn't allowed to post in this subforum once the tests start.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Rory Burns to be top run scorer

It's not going to happen but I'll look like a genius if it does

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Score: 2-2 [We're due a drawn Ashes series, been ages]
Most wickets: Anderson, Cummins
Most runs: Stokes, Warner
Surprise package(s): Moeen to bat well, save us on a few occasions; Loosechange to make runs
Disappointments: Stokes with the ball, Buttler with the bat; Khawaja in general