Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Road to the 2019 Ashes

International Regular aussie tragic's Avatar
    Actually Sibley looks the real deal.

23 years old, 244 in his last game, earlier had 6 consecutive centuries in FC matches (last 3 games of last season and first 3 games this season), is the leading run scorer in Division 1 this year with 922 runs @ 70.92 and has the record of youngest Englishman to have scored a double ton (242) in county cricket when he was 18 (which is the 2nd youngest Englishman to have scored a FC double ton after WG Grace).

Almost like he's an older version of Will Pucovski
    Last edited by aussie tragic; 07-07-2019 at 03:04 AM.

Without the media fanfare too

Quote Originally Posted by aussie tragic View Post
    Actually Sibley looks the real deal.

23 years old, 244 in his last game, earlier had 6 consecutive centuries in FC matches (last 3 games of last season and first 3 games this season), is the leading run scorer in Division 1 this year with 922 runs @ 70.92 and has the record of youngest Englishman to have scored a double ton (242) in county cricket when he was 18 (which is the 2nd youngest Englishman to have scored a FC double ton after WG Grace).
    Sibley must be in with a shout, especially as Rory Burns has barely made a score all summer and the other members of our top 3 last time out were Jennings and Denley.

Yeah, he didn't make many today, but Sibley has put his hand up at the right time. I'm long since past expecting anything from batsmen with even the most red-hot county form behind them, but at least it gives us a plausible candidate, rather than just going 'er, who haven't we tried yet?'
    Follow me @cricket_gc, should you want to learn more of my cricketing thoughts and opinions, or read them in more detail on my blog: https://gccricket.wordpress.com

Roy feels like an almost certainty and you would imagine Burns will keep his spot so there is probably one gap at 3 going. Same with the bowling I suppose, one from Woakes, Archer, Wood and Curran. If Anderson is fit of course.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    I am proud of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Channel 4 are doing a series about the 2005 series. First episode on now,,,looks like pretty much the main players of that series serving as talking heads.
    Last edited by Niall; 07-07-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Waste of time tbh. Last minute or two did touch about what came after it, but was never going to be that revealing with pretty much everyone involved. Only 1 episode thankfully.

I know Aneurin Donald is probably not anywhere close to a national call up but I have been watching clips of his batting for a while now. Looks like a limited overs gun right now and wouldn't mind seeing more of him in a bigger stage in the next year or so.
    PikeyB likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Roy feels like an almost certainty and you would imagine Burns will keep his spot so there is probably one gap at 3 going. Same with the bowling I suppose, one from Woakes, Archer, Wood and Curran. If Anderson is fit of course.
    Would think for Ireland they will go with Broad, Curran, Stokes and Woakes with Moeen. Can't see Archer being risked as he has the niggle which puts him out and no point risking Jimmy. Ashes depends on fitness.

Roy might miss the Ireland game too if his hammy is still an issue though lose on Thursday and he has more time.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    I know Aneurin Donald is probably not anywhere close to a national call up but I have been watching clips of his batting for a while now. Looks like a limited overs gun right now and wouldn't mind seeing more of him in a bigger stage in the next year or so.
    Good call , spotted him in his early days. A decent Welshie is a rarity so they stand out . He's definitely capable of more than he's been doing .

got the ed sheeren head shape

how is having a giant deformed garlic clove as a head attractive these days

the match has gone into reserve day

School Boy/Girl Captain
    I reckon Donald is a dumbarse if he doesn't work hard on his bowling . A few overs out of him makes him so much more attractive to the England setup and the franchise markets .

Looking at his stats , he hasn't come on at the rate that I thought he would..but fingers crossed .

I'm pretty glad they're using the reserve day , would much rather get a 50 over result .

FBU
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Would think for Ireland they will go with Broad, Curran, Stokes and Woakes with Moeen. Can't see Archer being risked as he has the niggle which puts him out and no point risking Jimmy. Ashes depends on fitness.

Roy might miss the Ireland game too if his hammy is still an issue though lose on Thursday and he has more time.
    Anderson starts bowling again tomorrow on his rehab. They will want him to get some bowling before the Ashes. I see him playing that Ireland Test

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Donald is great fun but pretty much the last thing England need right now. I am thoroughly enjoying him playing for Hampshire anyway, not really done anything in limited overs cricket yet, he is all about scoring at better than a run a ball in red ball cricket.

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread Information