Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Road to the 2019 Ashes

First Class Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Yeah really think the scheduling of this summers cricket in England is messed up. Should have had the Ashes first as an entree for the WC as the main course.

Just like how they usually have the T20's and ODI's after a test series.........get the crap out of the way first before the real cricket.
    The World Cup is not cricket, it is bullshit. The only real cricket at international level is test cricket.

Real cricket has two innings per side, it is a battle of attrition across different conditions as the pitch and the weather changes. It is a test of skill and endurance, it is full of intrigue. Shorter forms of the game are just bash, bash, bash and that is just bullshit, it pretends to be cricket but is nothing like real cricket.
    When I was younger I used to follow ODIs as well as tests but I have grown out of the infantile inferiority that is ODIs. A close game can have some excitement but it is not based on any substance, the substance that makes test cricket great.

this is some serious https://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart/ material
    brad mcnamara

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    if this is genuine im actually going to hold off here because i think there's more at play in tfos mind, but tfo people are allowed to enjoy different things to you and your dislike of something doesn't invalidate it.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

First Class Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    if this is genuine im actually going to hold off here because i think there's more at play in tfos mind, but tfo people are allowed to enjoy different things to you and your dislike of something doesn't invalidate it.
    This is genuine.
    I cannot stop people enjoying things, but that does not mean sometimes they are bad. I am sure that some murders enjoy murdering people, should they be allowed to enjoy that as well? Of course this is a far more extreme example but it illustrates my point. Just because something can be enjoyed does not mean the thing is good or should be enjoyed.

First Class Debutant
    Anyway this thread is now going off topic so I will not be commenting anymore on subjects not directly related to the lead up to the Ashes test series and I suggest no one else does so either.

International Vice-Captain aussie tragic's Avatar
    ...in other news, Bancroft will be facing Anderson, Onions and Mahmood tomorrow so should be a good test. Funny how he appears to have dropped himself back to #3 after he scored a century opening for the first time last game

Quote Originally Posted by Test_Fan_Only View Post
    This is genuine.
    I cannot stop people enjoying things, but that does not mean sometimes they are bad. I am sure that some murders enjoy murdering people, should they be allowed to enjoy that as well? Of course this is a far more extreme example but it illustrates my point. Just because something can be enjoyed does not mean the thing is good or should be enjoyed.
    What a dreadful post. Pull your head in.
    sledger likes this.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Fmd, Labu with another unbeaten 50...may top 1000 runs for the season in this game...at least now his FC average is above 36 lol

Edit: Labuschagne made 106 so now has 957 runs @ 68.35 with 4 hundreds and 4 fifties
    Last edited by aussie tragic; 30-06-2019 at 09:01 PM.

I wonder what traffic on the M1 will be like on the first day of the Lord's Test match
    LEARN SOMETHING NEW ABOUT AFRICA TODAY

They scored a single, declared and still won by an innings

Lots of people going to Lords to try and witness England unsuccessfully trying to avenge their world cup loss to Australia.

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    This is genuine.
    Okay.
    Red Hill is a piece of ****

How are the Australian and England Test incumbents doing for selection in the first Ashes Test?

Australia (vs Sri Lanka, Feb 1-4)

Harris, Burns, Khawaja, Labuschagne, Head, Patterson, Paine (+), Cummins, Starc, Richardson, Lyon

England (vs West Indies, Feb 9-12)

Burns, Jennings, Denly, Root, Butler, Stokes, Bairstow (+), Ali, Broad, Wood, Anderson

For Australia, we have 2 incumbants ill/injured in Burns and Richardson, while Hazlewood is back from injury and Smith/Warner return. This makes it pretty easy to have Warner replace Burns and Hazlewood replace Richardson, so that just leaves who to drop for Smith.

Before his impressive county stint, I would have said easy choice to replace Labuschagne, however now I'm not sure. Head made 161 and 59* in his last Test, while Patterson made 114* so either way it'll be a harsh call.
    Last edited by aussie tragic; 30-06-2019 at 09:54 PM.

I still think that Richardson, if fit, is legitimately good enough to push Starc and Hazlewood for a spot. Although much depends on how the pitches actually turn out; it seems to be a bit of a lottery this year.

If I was picking the batsmen purely based on "who would I trust to do well" Head would be the first to go. I firmly believe that Anderson will eat him alive if he plays. It'd be massively unfair though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I still think that Richardson, if fit, is legitimately good enough to push Starc and Hazlewood for a spot. Although much depends on how the pitches actually turn out; it seems to be a bit of a lottery this year.

If I was picking the batsmen purely based on "who would I trust to do well" Head would be the first to go. I firmly believe that Anderson will eat him alive if he plays. It'd be massively unfair though.
    You think Concrete Feet might struggle against the world's premiere swing bowler in swinging conditions? Surely not.

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Agreed on Head. I like his jib, but not his technique.

What I'd like to see at this stage is:

Warner
    Khawaja
    Smith
    Patterson
    Pukovski
    Labuschange
    Paine +
    Cummins
    Starc
    Lyon
    Hazelwood

As much as I am unconvinced about Labuschagne, it's hard to deny the test incumbent guy who has almost made 1000 runs in 9 first class matches in English conditions this summer.

I'd love to see Pukovski given a spot but if management thinks it'd be better to ease him in in a lesser series I could see the sense in that.
    aussie tragic likes this.

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information