• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2019 Ashes

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love the fact that TFO calls RH a piece of **** (as sigged by RH), then genuinely bothers to answer RH's questino.
TFO definitely low key enjoys limited overs cricket. He’s just hiding it under this guise.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
I love the fact that TFO calls RH a piece of **** (as sigged by RH), then genuinely bothers to answer RH's questino.
I don't have signatures enabled so I have no idea what is in Red Hill's signature.

As far as I am concerned the matter which lead to me abusing Red Hill is long over. I did the wrong thing and was banned for it. Time to move on.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I am still waiting for my apology. I have lost sleep over it since it happened. I'm glad you could move on as the perpetrator, it's always harder for the victim.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah really think the scheduling of this summers cricket in England is messed up. Should have had the Ashes first as an entree for the WC as the main course.

Just like how they usually have the T20's and ODI's after a test series.........get the crap out of the way first before the real cricket.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Yeah really think the scheduling of this summers cricket in England is messed up. Should have had the Ashes first as an entree for the WC as the main course.

Just like how they usually have the T20's and ODI's after a test series.........get the crap out of the way first before the real cricket.
The World Cup is not cricket, it is bull****. The only real cricket at international level is test cricket.

Real cricket has two innings per side, it is a battle of attrition across different conditions as the pitch and the weather changes. It is a test of skill and endurance, it is full of intrigue. Shorter forms of the game are just bash, bash, bash and that is just bull****, it pretends to be cricket but is nothing like real cricket.
When I was younger I used to follow ODIs as well as tests but I have grown out of the infantile inferiority that is ODIs. A close game can have some excitement but it is not based on any substance, the substance that makes test cricket great.

Flem274*

123/5
if this is genuine im actually going to hold off here because i think there's more at play in tfos mind, but tfo people are allowed to enjoy different things to you and your dislike of something doesn't invalidate it.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
if this is genuine im actually going to hold off here because i think there's more at play in tfos mind, but tfo people are allowed to enjoy different things to you and your dislike of something doesn't invalidate it.
This is genuine.
I cannot stop people enjoying things, but that does not mean sometimes they are bad. I am sure that some murders enjoy murdering people, should they be allowed to enjoy that as well? Of course this is a far more extreme example but it illustrates my point. Just because something can be enjoyed does not mean the thing is good or should be enjoyed.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Anyway this thread is now going off topic so I will not be commenting anymore on subjects not directly related to the lead up to the Ashes test series and I suggest no one else does so either.

aussie tragic

International Captain
...in other news, Bancroft will be facing Anderson, Onions and Mahmood tomorrow so should be a good test. Funny how he appears to have dropped himself back to #3 after he scored a century opening for the first time last game

Spark

Global Moderator
This is genuine.
I cannot stop people enjoying things, but that does not mean sometimes they are bad. I am sure that some murders enjoy murdering people, should they be allowed to enjoy that as well? Of course this is a far more extreme example but it illustrates my point. Just because something can be enjoyed does not mean the thing is good or should be enjoyed.
What a dreadful post. Pull your head in.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Fmd, Labu with another unbeaten 50...may top 1000 runs for the season in this game...at least now his FC average is above 36 lol

Edit: Labuschagne made 106 so now has 957 runs @ 68.35 with 4 hundreds and 4 fifties

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lots of people going to Lords to try and witness England unsuccessfully trying to avenge their world cup loss to Australia.