• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2019 Ashes

aussie tragic

International Captain
Bancroft remembered that he is looking to be an Ashes opener and finally moved himself up the order...and he's currently 120*

aussie tragic

International Captain
So the Labuschagne show goes on 65 and 82 to now give him 851 runs @ 65.46 (and 16 wkts @ 34)

Bancroft only scored 5 after his 158, but county stint now looking better with 376 runs @ 34.18

Siddle the only other Ashes contender took 1-39 and 1-29 to continue his recent low key form. He now has 17 wkts @ 24

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's why they're called highlights tbf.

Going to be an odd transition from watching the WC to the Ashes. Haven't watched any white ball cricket since about January.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
I hope Siddle is not a Ashes contender, we have a group of clearly better options, Cummins, Starc, Pattinson, Starc and Richardson at least.

morgieb

I hope Siddle is not a Ashes contender, we have a group of clearly better options, Cummins, Starc, Pattinson, Starc and Richardson at least.
Brandon Starc is really good at fast bowling I heard.

I think he's 6th in line after those five (assuming you meant Hazlewood instead of the rogue Starc). Still I think if there's one place he might still be a genuine Test threat, it's England.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Yeah Siddle would be 6th in line, however since Richardson is still injured and Pattinson still not proven his long term fitness, Siddle is definitely possible.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Yeah Siddle would be 6th in line, however since Richardson is still injured and Pattinson still not proven his long term fitness, Siddle is definitely possible.
6th in line??
Tremain should be ahead of him as well in my view. Then, maybe Siddle, but Jackson Bird is worthy of consideration as well. If Dan Worrall could stay fit he might be ahead of Siddle as well.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For all my love for Bird, he's obviously behind Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood, Pattinson and Richardson. But he's better than Siddle/Tremain and any other domestic bowlers. Still a test quality quick and would make half the teams in world cricket. But those 5 are all top class fast bowlers who could form the backbone of years of success for Australia. Although it's important to remember not to mention backbones to Pattinson.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's Berendorf like in the longer form?
Excellent when fit but he's only been playing white ball cricket recently because he breaks down with monotonous regularity. His domestic record is on par with, if not better than, the current test trio.

Burgey

I love the fact that TFO calls RH a piece of **** (as sigged by RH), then genuinely bothers to answer RH's questino.