• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2019 Ashes

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We just never learn do we? Keep kidding ourselves into thinking he might actually play a cricket match. We need to just assume he will be injured when the time comes regardless of how fit he seems
I always assume that and I'm yet to surprised.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Side strain is common among bowlers

If that´s all it is, he´ll be fine in 4 weeks or so

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Been 4 weeks away for a half a decade by now. Hardly surprising he looks like he has aged about 20 years since his test debut

Patto is the cricketing equivalent of a 70s Lamborghini, absolutely phenomenal on the rare occasion it actually works

aussie tragic

International Captain
Of the six county players on Ashes watch (according to Hohns), only 2 played this round.

Bancroft 0 & 40 (190 runs @ 31.66)
Labuschagne 14 & 32 (331 runs @ 66.20) and 1-46 & 1-5 (6 wkts @ 40.83)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely there can be no place for Labia when Warner and TPC are on the way back and Head is a lock for a spot as well.

Warner
?
Pillow
TPC
KPat
Head

would be the starting top six wouldn’t it?

Burgey

My squad for the time being:

Warner
Burns
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Patterson
Paine
Cummins
Pattinson
Starc
Lyon

Fast bowling still up in the air, will depend largely on fitness
J Richardson, assuming he is fit, will tear the Poms new arseholes over there. Patto as always is broken and Lyon is a lock so you’d think they’ll run with Starc at nine and one of Haze or Richardson at ten or jack.

Good options to have.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
The top six is probably going to be
Warner
Harris (although maybe Burns)
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Patterson

Then there is probably two back up spots. Burns would be one of them for me. The other I am not sure about. If Labuschagne continues to score well in county cricket he might get the last spot. I think he will play the Australia vs Australia A match for one of the two teams and if he scores runs it could secure his spot.

Burgey

I would really like to see a right hander opening with Warner, all other things being equal. Too many lefties.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'll lose my **** if Labia plays in front of KPat. Cos if he does you know it'll be a Langer/Chappell twink thing

aussie tragic

International Captain
Watching Aus vs SL warm up game and thinking the following WC players are locks for first Ashes test

Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Cummins
Starc
Lyon

Roughies

Maxwell
Stoinis