• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia v England post-Ashes ODI series

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Just watching a bit of this during the SA v Indian lunch interval and I noticed BT are just using the Ch9 feed and not doing their own thing like they did during the tests.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
surprised ch9 aren't coming out with "roy is 6 runs short of the highest ODI score shown on channel 9"
Jason Roy is on 175 which, of course, is the score Sachin once got out on. But do the batsmen know?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's the record for Roy.

Batsmen are playing everything to the leg see, so therefore Starc is bowling around the wicket. I know what he's trying to do, but it's the wrong strategy currently.

vcs

Robin Smith’s 167 was the record for 23 years (and England lost that match easily!)
That was an amazing knock! Remember that match fondly for Mark Waugh's century in the chase. Then the following Ashes was great as well.

ajdude

International Coach
Jason Roy is on 175 which, of course, is the score Sachin once got out on. But do the batsmen know?
roy will be shattered he won't come close to ben dunk's 229 as the highest limited overs score shown on ch9. or was that on channel gem?

Spikey

roy will be shattered he won't come close to ben dunk's 229 as the highest limited overs score shown on ch9. or was that on channel gem?
It's all on the Wide World* Of Sports

*except for countries outside of Australia

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Roy now has the highest ever ODI MCG innings. That’s one consolation For England on this tour; they’re creating some spectacular records at the MCG!

ajdude

International Coach
heard a bit of "oh well australia made 300 which is a massive score in ODIs" and "back in the day 220 was a big score lol" from the comms tonight. doing my head in

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I've found Mark Taylor's commentary on ODI and T20's in the past few seasons to be particularly outdated.