• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the SCG

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah there have been quite a lot of Perth days that have been this hot, I think. Don't think I've seen players really struggle with it that much, but I have seen players struggle in Brisbane because of the humidity.

Spark

Global Moderator
For e.g., the heat index for 45C @ 15% relative humidity (which is roughly what it was yesterday, at least in the shade) is the same as 32C @ 80%. Once you get to 35C and above with high humidity, it actually becomes impossible to realistically replicate that sort of intensity with dry heat.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah there have been quite a lot of Perth days that have been this hot, I think. Don't think I've seen players really struggle with it that much, but I have seen players struggle in Brisbane because of the humidity.
IIRC in the Perth Ashes test last time there were 3 or 4 days of the test match over 40c. What actually was the recorded temp in the ground yesterday? I heard Penrith hit 47.3 but dunno if it was that high at the SCG........humidity aside there is a massive difference in 40c to 47c.

Compton

International Debutant
Did anyone criticise Root?

Seems like something that Warne et al would refuse to accept as medical grounds and say he doesn’t have the heart for it.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol Warne's being subtly (in his mind) trolling Root all series. Only not subtle to anyone else.

Burgey

General rule in grade and club cricket in nsw these days is, I think, over 42 and it’s called off.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Well done Aus. My highlights: pat cummins and the fast bowlers. Lowlights: Stokes and the pitches.

Hope they all have some drinks together, apart from poor Joe. Seeing his brother in the crowd with the BA was brilliant.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Wasn't Roots issue as much about a stomach virus as anything else?
Yes, severe gastro apparently. It's funny how many cricketers get bad gastro in places you wouldn't expect, Cummins also this series and Cowan was talking about his bout on the 2013 England tour. I wonder if it's all the travelling affecting your immune system.

TheJediBrah

Yes, severe gastro apparently. It's funny how many cricketers get bad gastro in places you wouldn't expect, Cummins also this series and Cowan was talking about his bout on the 2013 England tour. I wonder if it's all the travelling affecting your immune system.
In Roots case here it's almost certainly mostly brought on by the heat and dehydration.

TheJediBrah

Doubt that's how he got it, it's a viral thing. The heat likely made things a lot worse though.
It's called an opportunistic infection. It may be a microbe that "caused" it, but 99 times out of 100 it would do nothing. The dehydration was the deciding factor.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Could also argue the Australian attack of the last Ashes is better than this one. Depends on whether having Harris and Johnson is enough to cancel out Lyon’s improvement and Cummins being more effective than Siddle.
Johnson and Harris would walk into this side.