• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the SCG

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They guarantee a number of rest days these days which means no more boxing day/new years day back to back tests.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith is way ahead in Tests, in ODIs Kohli vs. AB de Villiers is touch and go.

Victor Ian

International Coach
That thread is hilarious. People arguing about Root's away average like it made all the difference.

Burgey made two predictions in that thread - one right and the other (probably wrong) - that Smith would captain Australia and that he would average 45-50. The second looks highly unlikely without a very extended run of poor form.
Smith averages 54 in test cricket. Burgey was not far off and I expect his average to come down a few more runs in the future now that he can pick his moments to bowl.

Hey.... I asked about what needs to be done for him to stop being classified as an All rounder on cricinfo only very recently. They have now changed him to middle order batsman!!!!

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
What is the **** with the Sydney test starting on the 4th? I seem to remember as an 18 year old getting wasted on NYE then watching the Sydney test on new years day. Granted, I may have missed a day though blackout. Is that false memory or are they messing with tradition on the Sydney test now?
Didn't the whole thing begin later with the final test on Australia day?

Spikey

They guarantee a number of rest days these days which means no more boxing day/new years day back to back tests.
this is the first year it's started on the 4th though. they had just swapped it from the 2nd to the 3rd.

TheJediBrah

It's been gradually getting later and later. Used to be on New Years Day, then got moved to the 2nd, then for the some reason the 3rd . . . and now the 4th?

I don't like it

it's real late so i might be missing something obvious here but please add 10 to that average
Bowling average mate

Last edited:

Spikey

It's been gradually getting later and later. Used to be on New Years Day, then got moved to the 2nd, then for the some reason the 3rd . . . and now the 4th?
I don't have a recollection of it ever being on the 1st in my cricketing lifetime. From the mid 90's onwards it was on the 2nd (the Michael Bevan OD game did happen around this time on New Year's day at the SCG) and then it got moved to the 3rd for the recovery day thing. I assume it's on the 4th this year because CA has a weird fetish about games starting on Thursdays

Spikey

the other possible reason for changing the date could be because mcgrath's charity is celebrating it's 10 year anniversary and the actual jane mcgrath day thing happens on day 3 of the match, so maybe they wanted it on a Saturday rather than a Friday...?

Last edited:

vcs

It will also overlap with the SA-India match, which makes it all the more annoying. Oh well, I guess we can waste all of Saturday and Sunday watching cricket, no time overlap. :D

Midwinter

State Captain
Have a vague memory of the Sydney test starting New Years day.

Adelaide used to be on Australia Day weekend back when there used to be full tours

Stefan9

International Debutant
I am not liking either of the new year's new dates. Sydney the 4th and cape town only 5th...