• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the SCG

ImpatientLime

International Regular
lots of critique from Indian fans on here.... has India won an away test series in Eng, SA or Aus in the past 20 years? Your cuisine travels well and is respected around the world, your cricketers less so.
knocked over england in england in 2007.

bit awkward.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
May as well play Root at 3 in the summer, as he cba to go on with it at 4. Maybe batting higher in the order would stiffen his resolve, or maybe even help him grow up a bit.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Although he's never got many more than 50, if Woakes were due in next that would be a source of some comfort

Compton

International Debutant
Maybe bat Root at 11.

His 70s will be much more appreciated there. Will allow him to focus on his bowling, too.

Gob

International Coach
lots of critique from Indian fans on here.... has India won an away test series in Eng, SA or Aus in the past 20 years? Your cuisine travels well and is respected around the world, your cricketers less so.
Comfortably won in England in 07

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Vaughan actually said on commentary, ‘here comes the nightwatchman’ before realising it was Bairstow

Son Of Coco

It may have been an error to switch channels a ball into the last over now. To be fair though, I did have a two year old saying, "No ABC cricket, ABC kids", so what can you do!? The jokes on him anyway. The cricket's on Channel 9.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be out there tomorrow with Burgetta hopefully watching England collapse and TPC ton up. Would top off a good week’s cricket tbh

Spark

Global Moderator
Vaughan actually said on commentary, ‘here comes the nightwatchman’ before realising it was Bairstow
Good #intent to come out and "take the aggressive option" (verbatim quote from Warne) and face about 10 balls for no possible gain against a new ball with bowlers pumped up though. #Positive

Starfighter

I expect the England tail to fold tomorrow. 260-270 seems a reasonable bet, leaving possibly the best batting period to us. Don't really care about the lack of a nightwatchman; 'statistically speaking' (here I go parroting someone else again) teams who use nightwatchmen score less.

I wonder what inventive way Ali will find to get out tomorrow?

Debris

International 12th Man
Swann is livid that we didn’t send a nightwatchman out for Bairstow
I think there is a good case for not using a night watchman. It throws your batting line-up out of wack and a batman is usually wasted anyway. #stevewaughthoughts