cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: England Fans - how is this series shaping up compared to 06/07 and 13/14?

Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    'cos they all treat him as a charity/basket case and buy him beers
    Something like that
    Young Jonny Bairstow.......you are the love of my life,
    Young Jonny Bairstow.......I'd let you shag my wife,
    Young Jonny Bairstow......I want ginger hair too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQLKzKjJtUw

Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    How do you manage to remain so stridently John Bull-esque when you live in possibly the most Australian environment imaginable. You live direct in the lair of the enemy. Somewhere in the Bush there is one lone English voice belting out, ''who we are? Where do we come from?''. I can just imagine Kangeroos saying to themselves, ''there is that pommy bastard singing again''.
    Hahaha. Mate I live a good hours drive away from where that photo was taken.....that's not actually where I live. But you are right, I live behind enemy lines and it has certainly hardened my heart towards Australian cricket. Dunno about any kangaroos hearing me singing Barmy Army tunes....but 100% my neighbours would have on occasion!!

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Hahaha. Mate I live a good hours drive away from where that photo was taken.....that's not actually where I live. But you are right, I live behind enemy lines and it has certainly hardened my heart towards Australian cricket. Dunno about any kangaroos hearing me singing Barmy Army tunes....but 100% my neighbours would have on occasion!!
    If you don't already own one Adders, get yourself a Harlequin cap, though you may find the free beers become less plentiful
    Adders likes this.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    Warner on an old fashioned Underworld style 'sticky dog'! Too horrifying to contemplate!
    Underwood bowling to Warner on a 21st century Australian track is just as big a nightmare tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    No, no - that's Burgey
    I drive a Mercedes Benz. My hat doesnít have corks (because I drink wine out of casks )
    Dan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Why aye man!......the bush.

Attachment 23852

Got anywhere like that in Durham??
    Adders are you in the Grampians?

TNT
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I drive a Mercedes Benz. My hat doesnít have corks (because I drink wine out of casks )
    Mercedes Benz ute?.
    If you nick it walk

That pic is actually the Main Street of Melbourne btw.

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Mercedes Benz ute?.
    Bus

On topic, things might be changing with this current test but even up to Melbourne, it hasn't been the schemozzle of 13/14. When the England team realised that the Adelaide wicket wasn't going to save them, there were about nine blokes who didn't want to be there.

There have been more contributors this time around.

More interested to see if Australia has found he ability to take the initiative away from an opponent over the next three days rather than get consumed by adverse momentum.

This series should be worse than the other two for England tbh.

06/07 they were creamed by an excellent Australia side.

13/14 they were done-in by the best fast bowling performance youíre ever likely to see.

This series Australia havenít even played well. Smith has scored a stupid number of runs, but England have been blown away by their own ineptitude rather than anything coming at them under a baggy green.

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Compton View Post

13/14 they were done-in by the best fast bowling performance you’re ever likely to see.

This series Australia haven’t even played well. Smith has scored a stupid number of runs, but England have been blown away by their own ineptitude rather than anything coming at them under a baggy green.
    People said that about 13/14 too. On paper that was a pretty weak side that got spanked 0-3 a few months ago. The batting also collapsed a few times with Haddin bailing them out.
    Johnson was not even in the side and only got picked once Pattinson was ruled out.

I don't see a lot of difference between the two.
    13/14 was in terms of core of the side also England's greatest Test side give or take a few names. Under Flower, it was the most successful unit and had won in India just a year before. That side should not have lost 0-5 in the manner that it did.

This side on the other hand has been average to below average for a while.
    Drew 1-1 in Bangladesh
    Lost 0-4 in India
    2-2 against Pakistan at home

Everyone expected this side to get smashed 5-0 this time.
    Cricket's moral worldview:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Compton View Post

13/14 they were done-in by the best fast bowling performance you’re ever likely to see.

This series Australia haven’t even played well. Smith has scored a stupid number of runs, but England have been blown away by their own ineptitude rather than anything coming at them under a baggy green.
    Warner and particularly Smith are much better batsmen now. Clarke was good but the remainder of the batting were solid pros not test greats. Lyon is a much improved bowler. 2013 bowlers, not convinced Johnson anywhere near as dangerous as we made him look a lot of our much hyped batting line up just backed away. Harris was a very good bowler, but Siddle isn't as good as any of the current trio, although a good pro.

On paper it was pretty close to England's best batting line up for 40 years and yet all the big names averaged up 30. Bowling wise The Aussies just carted us around the park at will. Scary that Ali has been pretty awful here and yet economy wise only Anderson was better in 2013, by a pretty insignificant .11 runs an over. I

Apart from possible the 4th test England never even got in to a position to threaten a win. At least this time around they have played well enough to get chances. 2013 was the worst I've seen because on paper we had a good team. The application was just abysmal and it was abject surrender throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by JRC67 View Post
    Warner and particularly Smith are much better batsmen now. Clarke was good but the remainder of the batting were solid pros not test greats. Lyon is a much improved bowler. 2013 bowlers, not convinced Johnson anywhere near as dangerous as we made him look a lot of our much hyped batting line up just backed away. Harris was a very good bowler, but Siddle isn't as good as any of the current trio, although a good pro.

On paper it was pretty close to England's best batting line up for 40 years and yet all the big names averaged up 30. Bowling wise The Aussies just carted us around the park at will. Scary that Ali has been pretty awful here and yet economy wise only Anderson was better in 2013, by a pretty insignificant .11 runs an over. I

Apart from possible the 4th test England never even got in to a position to threaten a win. At least this time around they have played well enough to get chances. 2013 was the worst I've seen because on paper we had a good team. The application was just abysmal and it was abject surrender throughout.
    After what Johnson did to South Africa over there, I think you're being a bit harsh on the English batsmen.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information