• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Fans - how is this series shaping up compared to 06/07 and 13/14?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm trying to remember moments that I can remember in this Ashes and there were only really two, the first day at Perth and England's little fight back day 4 at Adelaide. The rest of it all seems to merge into one, granted I've not watched much of tests 4 and 5.
So basically the only times England have been remotely competitive?

not surprising

Can you be more blatant?
he's only slightly more blatant than you tbf

Compton

International Debutant
Tbf like half of the match time has just been Smith piling runs-on-runs-on-runs.

Other than the major Smith marks (myself very much included) that’ll likely get boring after a while.

Burgey

Was that hot out at the ground today I began to feel sorry for the Poms.

Then I bumped my old skipper just after the declaration and he sad “I’d have kept them out there”.

Sometimes it’s good to get a wise perspective

TNT

Banned
You kinda get the feeling that the english think they are humble in victory and graceful in defeat.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really, Smith has killed the competitiveness of this series. Every time England have looked like getting on top he's come out and crushed their hopes and dreams with his water torture batting.

JRC67

U19 12th Man
Really, Smith has killed the competitiveness of this series. Every time England have looked like getting on top he's come out and crushed their hopes and dreams with his water torture batting.
The scary thing from an English perspective is he will play at least 2 more a Ashes series in Australia. 2029 might be the next chance to win in Australia. On relatively benign wickets it's hard to see a way to take his wicket!

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
In England, we're marginally better. In Australia, they're exponentially better.

I don't see either of these facts changing much in the near future.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia have the basis of a very good test side if they can keep their bowlers fit, England on the other hand have a number of holes in the lineup that we don't look close to filling.

I don't think it is a foregone conclusion that we'll get the urn back in 2019 at all.

Burgey

Still big question marks over numbers one, three and six in Australia's batting line up. Number five too, if you factor in Darsh will be about 36 come 2019.