cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: England Fans - how is this series shaping up compared to 06/07 and 13/14?

TNT
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Tbf you and TNT are just as bad as each other re. the one-eyed patriotism
    Whats so bad about supporting your team, what would be the point of playing cricket if we were all neutral, there would be no barmy army, no more atmosphere at the matches, no banter just a boring match where players played on like zombies.
    If you nick it walk

International Regular S.Kennedy's Avatar
    Tbf you and TNT are just as bad as each other re. the one-eyed patriotism
    I do not believe I am the most vociferous tubthumper of Captain Root's Army - not by a long measure! I mean heck, Adders was arguing with me over pelting abuse at the Barmy Army!
    Last edited by S.Kennedy; 22-12-2017 at 09:34 PM.
    What we are doing here is future-proofing county cricket
    - Tom Harrison.

We want to make the game as simple as possible for them (mums and kids) to understand
    - Andrew Strauss.

Can't be arsrd to scroll through 5 pages, so am I the first person to say this is more like an entirely different ashes series? Not even and England fan but the haplessness of the touring party, the correlation between experience and inability to step up when it counts except for one work horse fast bowlers has strong shades of 2002-3.
    quincywagstaff likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    I have heard it said that Chuck Norris' googly would literally break legs.

Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    Can't be arsrd to scroll through 5 pages, so am I the first person to say this is more like an entirely different ashes series? Not even and England fan but the haplessness of the touring party, the correlation between experience and inability to step up when it counts except for one work horse fast bowlers has strong shades of 2002-3.
    Yeah 2002-03 is the better comparison IMO, although this Aus lineup is obviously not nearly as strong (save for the bowling)
    do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
    who's going to make the violins?

forever 63*

Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    I do not believe I am the most vociferous tubthumper of Captain Root's Army - not by a long measure! I mean heck, Adders was arguing with me over pelting abuse at the Barmy Army!
    Lol, yeah dunno where Brah gets that idea......you're the least one eyed patriot on here I reckon. I've often thought you actually hate England and revel in their failures (I put it down to you being practically Scottish tbh)
    Young Jonny Bairstow.......you are the love of my life,
    Young Jonny Bairstow.......I'd let you shag my wife,
    Young Jonny Bairstow......I want ginger hair too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQLKzKjJtUw

Cricketer Of The Year TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Whats so bad about supporting your team, what would be the point of playing cricket if we were all neutral, there would be no barmy army, no more atmosphere at the matches, no banter just a boring match where players played on like zombies.
    Hey man I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, I indulge in it myself plenty at times

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Lol, yeah dunno where Brah gets that idea......you're the least one eyed patriot on here I reckon. I've often thought you actually hate England and revel in their failures (I put it down to you being practically Scottish tbh)
    I may have got that a bit wrong then, basing it mostly on Kennedy's rampant anti-Australian grumbling over recent weeks. Maybe he just hates everyone equally . . .

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Did I really just read that Warner and Lyon are better than any opener/spinner England have had in the last fifty years?

TNT
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Did I really just read that Warner and Lyon are better than any opener/spinner England have had in the last fifty years?
    Where did you read that?

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Not sure if anyone's saying that but the point that was made was that even if you don't think they are, they're clearly not far off, which if you actually read the context of the comment and what it was responding to was a very sensible point to make.

Not sure if anyone's saying that but the point that was made was that even if you don't think they are, they're clearly not far off, which if you actually read the context of the comment and what it was responding to was a very sensible point to make.
    I don't know how possible it is to compare Warner to Boycott anyway; such different types of players, and also such different playing conditions. Maybe suffice to say that each could play innings that the other could only dream of. As for spinners, judging Swann on how he went in 2013/14 is about as sensible as judging Jason Gillespie on how he went in 2005. Anyone who knows anything would tell you that they were both way better than in those series. Whether that makes Swann better than Lyon or vice versa probably comes down to which country you're following, I suppose. Underwood just about makes the last 50 years too, of course.

Not that I'm accusing you of making any of those comments btw, just chucking a few thoughts into the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    I don't know how possible it is to compare Warner to Boycott anyway; such different types of players, and also such different playing conditions. Maybe suffice to say that each could play innings that the other could only dream of. As for spinners, judging Swann on how he went in 2013/14 is about as sensible as judging Jason Gillespie on how he went in 2005. Anyone who knows anything would tell you that they were both way better than in those series. Whether that makes Swann better than Lyon or vice versa probably comes down to which country you're following, I suppose. Underwood just about makes the last 50 years too, of course.

Not that I'm accusing you of making any of those comments btw, just chucking a few thoughts into the discussion.
    I don't have a strong opinion either way on whether they are better or worse. I know **** all about anything that happened last century anyway. But the only thing that really matters in the context of the discussion is whether or not Warner and Lyon are comparable or competitive if you were to compare them, which I think they objectively are.

Warner on an old fashioned Underworld style 'sticky dog'! Too horrifying to contemplate!

(I put it down to you being practically Scottish tbh)
    Take that back ya Aussie ****
    Last edited by Furball; 23-12-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    Adders likes this.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Adders, and be honest here, do you have an accent?

Adders I bet talks Alf Stewart English, ''ye mongrel' and 'strewth sheila'.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information