• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Fans - how is this series shaping up compared to 06/07 and 13/14?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Bet you have one of those hats with corks on and drive a ute?
LOL WTF? No one actually wears hats with corks on them mate. They only exist in the departure lounges in Aussie airports for European tourists to take home with them.

And I do own a ute (though that's the wife's work vehicle itbt) what's wrong with that? You need a 4wd when you live in the country here......how else do we tow the boat or cut our firewood or go four wheel driving in the bush??

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
LOL WTF? No one actually wears hats with corks on them mate. They only exist in the departure lounges in Aussie airports for European tourists to take home with them.

And I do own a ute (though that's the wife's work vehicle itbt) what's wrong with that? You need a 4wd when you live in the country here......how else do we tow the boat or cut our firewood or go four wheel driving in the bush??
''The Bush''? I'm talking to Crocodile Dundee haha

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
How do you manage to remain so stridently John Bull-esque when you live in possibly the most Australian environment imaginable. You live direct in the lair of the enemy. Somewhere in the Bush there is one lone English voice belting out, ''who we are? Where do we come from?''. I can just imagine Kangeroos saying to themselves, ''there is that pommy bastard singing again''.

Compton

International Debutant
Can’t think of anything of less point than comparing Warner and Boycott.

Not only are they from distinctly different eras, they are polar opposite in terms of batting style.

What meaningful comparison could genuinely be done? Warner couldn’t do what Boycott did and vice-versa.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can’t think of anything of less point than comparing Warner and Boycott.

Not only are they from distinctly different eras, they are polar opposite in terms of batting style.

What meaningful comparison could genuinely be done? Warner couldn’t do what Boycott did and vice-versa.
Agreed it's stupid. In this case it's just a side effect of a bitter Englishman trying to take credit away from Australia and a one-eyed Australian taking offence

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How do you manage to remain so stridently John Bull-esque when you live in possibly the most Australian environment imaginable. You live direct in the lair of the enemy. Somewhere in the Bush there is one lone English voice belting out, ''who we are? Where do we come from?''. I can just imagine Kangeroos saying to themselves, ''there is that pommy bastard singing again''.
'cos they all treat him as a charity/basket case and buy him beers

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahaha. Mate I live a good hours drive away from where that photo was taken.....that's not actually where I live. But you are right, I live behind enemy lines and it has certainly hardened my heart towards Australian cricket. Dunno about any kangaroos hearing me singing Barmy Army tunes....but 100% my neighbours would have on occasion!!

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahaha. Mate I live a good hours drive away from where that photo was taken.....that's not actually where I live. But you are right, I live behind enemy lines and it has certainly hardened my heart towards Australian cricket. Dunno about any kangaroos hearing me singing Barmy Army tunes....but 100% my neighbours would have on occasion!!
If you don't already own one Adders, get yourself a Harlequin cap, though you may find the free beers become less plentiful

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
On topic, things might be changing with this current test but even up to Melbourne, it hasn't been the schemozzle of 13/14. When the England team realised that the Adelaide wicket wasn't going to save them, there were about nine blokes who didn't want to be there.

There have been more contributors this time around.