• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the MCG

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I'm not watching it. Just waiting until April and the championship starting to be honest.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I should know, living here and all, but I don't. What characteristics does the Melbourne pitch bring to the game? Is it more English like? Does England have a better chance to feel at home here?

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
My 4-0 prediction not looking good. Poms way worse than I thought. Oh the joy of the 2 marquee tests being dead rubbers again. FU CA and your scheduling.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Suppose the good news for English fans is that they can literally sleep through the rest of the series and enjoy christmas instead

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I should know, living here and all, but I don't. What characteristics does the Melbourne pitch bring to the game? Is it more English like? Does England have a better chance to feel at home here?
It's a drop in so it could be a road or a grassy road.

Victor Ian

International Coach
It's a drop in so it could be a road or a grassy road.
yeah, but I think the theory is, when they don't f it up, to make the drop in have 'traditional' characteristics. The weather here can be a bit humid at this time so does that aid swing, or does hot moisture not do it? Am I correct in thinking England wins here more than the other states.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In previous years the MCG has been pretty flat but has had some variable bounce as it wears. I don't expect this to change much.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Is anyone else feeling sorry enough for Cook that they are hoping he gets a big hundred in this test (proviso being that England still lose)? He has been a player that I have loved to fail, but secretly admired. It was tough watching Ponting at the end, and even though Cook is an Englishman (vomit) I'd hope to get one last gem from him.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cant see Australia playing with the same intensity so we could have a close match.
Bollocks imo.

This Smith-led side doesn't strike me as one sub-consciously content with the series win. They'll want 5-zip.