cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree239Likes

Thread: ***Official*** 4th Test at the MCG

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Ian View Post
    Is anyone else feeling sorry enough for Cook that they are hoping he gets a big hundred in this test (proviso being that England still lose)? He has been a player that I have loved to fail, but secretly admired. It was tough watching Ponting at the end, and even though Cook is an Englishman (vomit) I'd hope to get one last gem from him.
    Given the choice between four more failures from Cook and 4-1, or a big hundred and 5-0, I'd probably go for the 4-1 but I'd think twice. With some of the dick head millennials currently polluting the England camp, a bona fide legend like Cook doesn't deserve to go out like this.

As an aside, the way Cook immediately rose above the Aussie 'sledging' early doors on this tour was absolute class. Everything short of looking down at his shoes and giving it 'you missed a bit'.
    Jones! Bowden!

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    I’d like to see Cook make a ton in Sydney then retire. I wonder if he’s a bit like Huss at the end, still loving the game but thinking nothing could be worse than touring with this pack of young arseholes.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Just heard Andrew Strauss’ wife has been diagnosed with cancer as well and he’s headed home. Thoughts with his family. Horrible ****ing business.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heboric View Post
    Well certain England punters are giving England a good chance based solely of the potential unavailability of Mitchell Starc
    I will give them some good odds and clean up.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I’d like to see Cook make a ton in Sydney then retire. I wonder if he’s a bit like Huss at the end, still loving the game but thinking nothing could be worse than touring with this pack of young arseholes.
    I think he may well be fed up of them. He has never drunk so is out of the loop there and they seem to want to have a good time rather than put the effort in. Coach must be under pressure too for allowing it all to go on, maybe Strauss too but under the circumstances he has enough on his plate at present so his deputy needs to step up and crack the whip.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    I think he may well be fed up of them. He has never drunk so is out of the loop there and they seem to want to have a good time rather than put the effort in. Coach must be under pressure too for allowing it all to go on, maybe Strauss too but under the circumstances he has enough on his plate at present so his deputy needs to step up and crack the whip.
    12,000 Test runs, 4-time Ashes winner, 31 Test hundreds, father of two. On tour with a bunch of 'lads' whose accolades include owning ripped jeans and concave faces. A man can have only so much patience.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    I'm not watching it. Just waiting until April and the championship starting to be honest.
    Best make sure you refrain from making tIll-informed comments as well then although watching hasn't stopped that in the past I guess.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

U19 Captain
    I just want Cook to get a triple before he's finished, which I really don't think is far away

Quote Originally Posted by Groundking View Post
    I just want Cook to get a triple before he's finished, which I really don't think is far away
    A 2nd innings 335 at the SCG and then off into the sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I wonder if Joe Root will try taking Cook to a boat party too.

I would be happy with this end, Huss retiring at the top of his game compared to what happened to Ponting was so nice.

Cricketer Of The Year TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    Given the choice between four more failures from Cook and 4-1, or a big hundred and 5-0, I'd probably go for the 4-1 but I'd think twice. With some of the dick head millennials currently polluting the England camp, a bona fide legend like Cook doesn't deserve to go out like this.

As an aside, the way Cook immediately rose above the Aussie 'sledging' early doors on this tour was absolute class. Everything short of looking down at his shoes and giving it 'you missed a bit'.
    I get the feeling that Cook is just above that sort of thing. If I was one of the Aussies I wouldn't even bother sledging him, and I would feel bad about it if I did.

He's just a supreme gentleman

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...63779d5e540972

god this is so stupid from johnson
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

Cricketer Of The Year TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    I don't see what's stupid about it at all
    Last edited by TheJediBrah; 20-12-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    This is utterly correct though.
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    When I was 14 a friend mentioned to me that using lube was a great way to enhance masturbation. Later that night I snuck into the bathroom, and grabbed a container of what I thought was moisturiser. It turned out to be tanning lotion, rendering both my hands and my gargantuan penis orange for the next week or so.

This video reminds me of that experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    I don't see what's stupid about it at all
    it's essentially the equivalent of the bully hitting someone and saying "stop punching yourself", and he hasn't actually acknowledged the rule that Atherton has mentioned while at the same time acknowledging the very poor level of skill of some batsman (" yeah, some guys struggle to hold the bat"). Instead it's just lame jingoistic trolling (which I get is Johnson's thing now and unfortunately for the next 40 years, so perhaps I'm stupider for even acknowledging it) but there's actually an issue here. There's a rule there to protect **** batsman and it doesn't have as a footnote "but hey suck it up you **** **** get better or enjoy getting hit in the head". But the rule doesn't get enforced. The only time bowlers get called out for dangerous bowling is when they accidentally bowl a beamer which seems odd when we seeing Broad being repeatedly targeted essentially because he got hit and now he's a bit cooked. I mean, it didn't even get called out when Clarke was saying get ready for a broken ****ing arm. If Johnson had said something constructive like "well I think the rule is obsolete and should be removed from the laws of the game" I wouldn't be calling it stupid, but he's just straight up ignored the matter to do some stupid trolling. For my part, going back to 3 bouncers an over but being more protective towards tail order batsman would be a happy compromise
    Last edited by Spikey; 20-12-2017 at 11:33 PM.

Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information