• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the MCG

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Uncompetitive one-sided cricket that will probably follow the same pattern as the other tests with all the inevitability of a James Bond film: England's pretty little thirties against a rampant bowling attack getting them to a 300 type score, under par in Australia, followed by England bowling 80mph medium short pitched tedium for hours on end, perhaps hopping for some miraculous dibbly dobbly, against Smith Smith and getting absolutely nowhere - vice versa if Australia win the toss. England will somehow contrive to keep in the game before collapsing.

Heboric

International Debutant
Well certain England punters are giving England a good chance based solely of the potential unavailability of Mitchell Starc

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well certain England punters are giving England a good chance based solely of the potential unavailability of Mitchell Starc
They do tease these Australians - we'll doubtless be told next that Smith has a touch of indigestion and is doubtful for Boxing Day

Tannhauser

Cricket Spectator
As an England fan, Melbourne and Sydney are always my favourite tests. For some reason we save those two for not playing like arseholes. Surely we can nick a 1-4 for a party back at Trafalgar Square?

Tannhauser

Cricket Spectator
Is anyone else feeling sorry enough for Cook that they are hoping he gets a big hundred in this test (proviso being that England still lose)? He has been a player that I have loved to fail, but secretly admired. It was tough watching Ponting at the end, and even though Cook is an Englishman (vomit) I'd hope to get one last gem from him.
Given the choice between four more failures from Cook and 4-1, or a big hundred and 5-0, I'd probably go for the 4-1 but I'd think twice. With some of the dick head millennials currently polluting the England camp, a bona fide legend like Cook doesn't deserve to go out like this.

As an aside, the way Cook immediately rose above the Aussie 'sledging' early doors on this tour was absolute class. Everything short of looking down at his shoes and giving it 'you missed a bit'.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’d like to see Cook make a ton in Sydney then retire. I wonder if he’s a bit like Huss at the end, still loving the game but thinking nothing could be worse than touring with this pack of young arseholes.

Burgey

Just heard Andrew Strauss’ wife has been diagnosed with cancer as well and he’s headed home. Thoughts with his family. Horrible ****ing business.

flibbertyjibber

I’d like to see Cook make a ton in Sydney then retire. I wonder if he’s a bit like Huss at the end, still loving the game but thinking nothing could be worse than touring with this pack of young arseholes.
I think he may well be fed up of them. He has never drunk so is out of the loop there and they seem to want to have a good time rather than put the effort in. Coach must be under pressure too for allowing it all to go on, maybe Strauss too but under the circumstances he has enough on his plate at present so his deputy needs to step up and crack the whip.

Tannhauser

Cricket Spectator
I think he may well be fed up of them. He has never drunk so is out of the loop there and they seem to want to have a good time rather than put the effort in. Coach must be under pressure too for allowing it all to go on, maybe Strauss too but under the circumstances he has enough on his plate at present so his deputy needs to step up and crack the whip.
12,000 Test runs, 4-time Ashes winner, 31 Test hundreds, father of two. On tour with a bunch of 'lads' whose accolades include owning ripped jeans and concave faces. A man can have only so much patience.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder if Joe Root will try taking Cook to a boat party too.

I would be happy with this end, Huss retiring at the top of his game compared to what happened to Ponting was so nice.