• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Officlal* Commentary Praise Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I liked that segment with Flintoff and Rob Keys about how it is harder to bowl yorkers consistently with the batsmen moving about the crease more these days.

flibbertyjibber

Have to say the BT Sport coverage has been fine. Gilchrist and Ponting are so much better than the Channel 9 team and despite the loss of Atherton and Hussain from our screens it is holding up well.

Burgey

Not commentary per se, but I watched the first Forged In Fire episode and the biggest take from it is Thommo is the loosest unit on the planet.

Daemon

Not commentary per se, but I watched the first Forged In Fire episode and the biggest take from it is Thommo is the loosest unit on the planet.

This was very nicely made. Not hard to see why people and the players involved reminisce so much about cricket back in those days. Agree with you about Thomson.

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
I think Hussain, Vaughn and Atherton are good commentators. I mean, not just a group of blokes who make rubbish jokes and chat about cricket but actually commenting on the events at hand, the position of the game and so on.

The BT team is pretty rubbish. Gilly comes across like a child, Ponting is ok but not great and so on.

Tannhauser

Cricket Spectator
Glenn McGrath on TMS is actually impartial, and moreover seems like a fairly decent human being. One is never too old to be surprised.