• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

Spark

Global Moderator
Easy the best time wise IMO, well suppose Adelaide was slightly better.
Yeah I found the Perth test and d/n Odis the easiest to catch a good chunk of rather than matches which started at 1am or whatever it was. Those were close to impossible unless I ****ed up my whole sleeping schedule

Spark

Global Moderator
I could handle Travis Head. Would rather Maxwell of course. But no more Marshes. I know I sound insane but Shaun Marsh looked like he was back to the same old **** in the second innings. Looked hopeless when he got dismissed. Anyway I'm not suggesting we drop Smarsh but he is 34 and like I dunno, I don't expect a second ton from him this series
Yeah this is a bit insane

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marsh has looked the best batsman in the series tbh. Just been so calm and like he belongs. Got to give the selectors credit.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah this is a bit insane
haha i know. But i will definitely eat my words if he gets a second ton this series. I'm just too used to his moments of greatness being followed by periods of mediocrity. Maybe it'l be different this time, maybe not

SeamUp

International Coach
Marsh has looked the best batsman in the series tbh. Just been so calm and like he belongs. Got to give the selectors credit.
And that has been the story of SMarsh's career. Even those Asian runs he scored he made it look easy when others struggled. Odd career really when you take into account injuries , style when scoring runs and poor dismissals when on his lean trot.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was going to try to play as a batsman this year at Parra and recruit or promote a keeper, but CNSW told him he’s a keeper-batsman.

Yeah, should be in unless he loses a lot of form tbh.

Gob

International Coach
I could handle Travis Head. Would rather Maxwell of course. But no more Marshes. I know I sound insane but Shaun Marsh looked like he was back to the same old **** in the second innings. Looked hopeless when he got dismissed. Anyway I'm not suggesting we drop Smarsh but he is 34 and like I dunno, I don't expect a second ton from him this series
Share the story about Shaun and your missus only if you like.

Gob

International Coach
Official : Mitch Marsh in for Chadd Sayers

Mr_Mister is going to hate.
That will immensely strengthen the bowling. Not sure about batting and sincs Paine looked quite organised with the bat i'll have Mitch at #7

stephen

Bloody hell we'd better bloody add Maxwell to the bloody squad.

FFS selectors it's ridiculous picking MMarsh now.

That will leave us with a batting lineup of:

Warner
Bancroft
Khawaja
Smith
Marsh
Marsh
Paine

The first four were gone for 60 and the next three includes a guy who hasn't made a first class hundred in over a decade, the world's lowest averaging number 6 and a guy who has a habit of making a big score followed by a run of single figure scores.

Does anyone in the universe think that middle order looks stable? Who's wife did Maxwell pork to get overlooked when he's made nearly 600 bloody runs in half a bloody shield season and was unjustly dropped before the first bloody test?

I'm so angry right now. I'd actually rather stick with Jimmy's bunny than pick MMarsh. FFS.

Last edited:

Gnske

guys guys guys hear me out

is glen maxwell the new people's champion
No it's Tim Paine. A man grievously wounded, his career seemingly over. Then a chance where none seemed to be, and through that chance the man redeemed himself in the public eye with important contributions in his return to test match cricket.

All Glenn Maxwell has done is cry about his captain and play stupid shots.

stephen

If he comes back and excels, he will indeed be TNPC, but there can only ever be one TPC.
He isn't going to come back. His test career is over. He'll be brought back for the next India tour, will make a ton and then be dropped for the next home series so that Justin Langer's new favourite WA player can get picked instead.

Warnest

Cricket Spectator
Bloody hell we'd better bloody add Maxwell to the bloody squad.

FFS selectors it's ridiculous picking MMarsh now.

That will leave us with a batting lineup of:

Warner
Bancroft
Khawaja
Smith
Marsh
Marsh
Paine

The first four were gone for 60 and the next three includes a guy who hasn't made a first class hundred in over a decade, the world's lowest averaging number 6 and a guy who has a habit of making a big score followed by a run of single figure scores.

Does anyone in the universe think that middle order looks stable? Who's wife did Maxwell pork to get overlooked when he's made nearly 600 bloody runs in half a bloody shield season and was unjustly dropped before the first bloody test?

I'm so angry right now. I'd actually rather stick with Jimmy's bunny than pick MMarsh. FFS.
I would bat Cummins above M. Marsh tbh. But yeah Maxwell is by far the better choice, and did not deserve to be dropped in the first place.