• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

Warnest

Cricket Spectator
Handscomb is surely out since he seems to have forgotten how to hold a bat. Last summer's new fab four (Wade, Mad dog, Renshaw, Handsbat) are pretty much all done and dusted. One of Maxwell or Marsh junior to come in, and seeing how much of a road the new WACA is, would likely score big and secure their spot for a while.

eleven

Cricket Spectator
Interested to see how the WACA plays this year. Has lost a lot of its former glory and is last test here I think. Weather should be hotter than Radelaide at least.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
never ever say Mitch Marsh is likely to score big on a road. Look at the ****'s test record. Maxwell(who has never got to play on anything resembling a road) deserves first crack. If Marsh Junior gets in you know itl be some form of disgusting nepotism

They probably think because Shaun Marsh did so well against all odds Mitch might too.

Spark

Global Moderator
If MMarsh plays it's because they're scared of someone getting injured. Only sensible rationale I can see.

Gob

International Coach
Maxwell has to get in for Handscomb on the current form

Or may be one last opportunity for peter to utilize his hands before Maxi makes his debut in front of the home crowd and blaze a ton in a session

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not bothering with this one, we will be thrashed in 3 days if we bat first. Innings defeat looms. Our only way of taking it into day 4 and beyond is if Aussies bat first as they will bat again in 3rd innings whatever the situation.

Pothas

Always hate this Test for the times anyway, although I suppose it is not hugely different to the one we just had.

mr_mister

Mitch Marsh averages 21 from 9 tests in Australia, with a top score of 41!

Before people say he came out to bat in a lot of 'hit out or get out situations' during that NZ/WI summer, well he got them at a strike rate of 50

He was certainly more adept at getting out rather than hitting out. So basically yeah if he gets picked it'l be an absolute joke

morgieb

Marsh jnr has been decent at Shield level this season but he should not be in the frame unless he averages 45-50 for this Shield season and the county season. Maxwell isn't in the same class of a bowler but he's the only real option AFAIC.

Top_Cat

Head a smokey to replace Handscombe, personally. Think the selectors will put a lot of stock in his ton the other day, even if it was against a threadbare QLD.

Last edited:

stephen

Maxwell is the only decent choice from the shield at the moment. He should never have been dropped and now should be picked over Handscomb.

Burns is another player who is in good touch at the moment but he shouldn't be near the side without being in good touch for longer.

If Haze hadn't come out this arvo bowling like Haze I'd have been tempted to give Bird a crack in his place but the Haze I saw today was the Haze I remember from the last three summers.

mr_mister

I could handle Travis Head. Would rather Maxwell of course. But no more Marshes. I know I sound insane but Shaun Marsh looked like he was back to the same old **** in the second innings. Looked hopeless when he got dismissed. Anyway I'm not suggesting we drop Smarsh but he is 34 and like I dunno, I don't expect a second ton from him this series

Burgey

Marsh jnr has been decent at Shield level this season but he should not be in the frame unless he averages 45-50 for this Shield season and the county season. Maxwell isn't in the same class of a bowler but he's the only real option AFAIC.
#Bertmentum

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Maxwell is the only decent choice from the shield at the moment. He should never have been dropped and now should be picked over Handscomb.

Burns is another player who is in good touch at the moment but he shouldn't be near the side without being in good touch for longer.

If Haze hadn't come out this arvo bowling like Haze I'd have been tempted to give Bird a crack in his place but the Haze I saw today was the Haze I remember from the last three summers.
They all bowled perfectly this afternoon IMO