• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Anderson says Australia is bullying England

the big bambino

International Captain
They could stop people from intercepting Bairstow's headbutts with their provocative foreheads. It only gives ammunition to Australia to bully playful headbutters.

Victor Ian

International Coach
This is the problem with players writing columns. Anderson would have been much better to have just kept his mouth shut. Same with Warner in his previous article and the same with most current player articles. Anderson just comes across as a whiny bitch and he is much better than that, just as Warner came across as an idiot (though, not so sure if he is better than that). Unfortunately, I'm sure they have to meet some output criteria and we end up with this crap.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashes 2017: Steve Smith blasts Jimmy Anderson for bully claim

Smith's response

Smith didn’t hold back when asked for his response to England’s all-time leading Test wicket-taker.

“I read the article. I think it’s interesting coming from Jimmy calling us bullies and big sledgers,” Smith told reporters.
“I think he’s one of the biggest sledgers in the game to be perfectly honest with you.” Smith recounted times in his career when he was targeted by Anderson.
“I remember back in 2010 when I first started and wasn’t any good, he was pretty happy to get stuck into me then,” he said.
“Interesting coming from Jimmy.”
This whole rubbish about sledging and war and mind games is quite embarrassing really. Both teams have tried to go 'hard' at each other yet come out looking like children.

The only winner has been Bancroft who delivered a great press conference and stared down England's leading wicket taker of all time after copping it on the nuts, all on debut.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
attn ICC please ban the discussion of sledging by players, media, etc

Cow

Banned
Steven Smith said:
“I remember back in 2010 when I first started and wasn’t any good"[
Even Smith thought he was rubbish... yet eagle-eyed Cricketweb posters thought he had all the raw talent to be one of the best.

#Vindicated

Compton

International Debutant
Sledging is only cool when none of the players talk about it. They should all give no comment on sledging other than insisting they don’t get involved or didn’t hear.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Sledging is only cool when none of the players talk about it. They should all give no comment on sledging other than insisting they don’t get involved or didn’t hear.
...until they retire. Then the good sledges should be in their books. The way it used to be.

Woodster

International Captain
Sorry, where in that article are there anyway claims of bullying or anything of that nature?? Complete fabrication by the Aussie journo’s!

Gob

International Coach
Sorry, where in that article are there anyway claims of bullying or anything of that nature?? Complete fabrication by the Aussie journo’s!
"A bully waits until they are in the ascendancy to pounce on people. That is what Australian teams do.
"They are quiet when they are not on top which was the case for the first three days of the Brisbane Test and then on day four they came alive."

Woodster

International Captain
The Aussies were quiet till they got on top? That’s factually based.

They were clearly saying things close to the stump mic so they could be picked up, that’s more weasel-like behaviour.

I agree that we shouldn’t be seen to be whinging about it though!

Gob

International Coach
The Aussies were quiet till they got on top? That’s factually based.

They were clearly saying things close to the stump mic so they could be picked up, that’s more weasel-like behaviour.

I agree that we shouldn’t be seen to be whinging about it though!
Well he basically said what bullies do and linked that to the Aust team. Was just answering your question about Anderson not claiming about bulling.

adub

International Captain
Operator: Triple 0. Police, Fire or Ambulance?

Caller: Waaaaaahmbulance to the Adelaide Oval please. Mulitple pick ups from the English dressing room.

Operator: Sorry it sound like you need to call Lifeline. They're trained to give a **** about such things.

Cow

Banned
Operator: Triple 0. Police, Fire or Ambulance?

Caller: Waaaaaahmbulance to the Adelaide Oval please. Mulitple pick ups from the English dressing room.

Operator: Sorry it sound like you need to call Lifeline. They're trained to give a **** about such things.
Is there someone who looks after you?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wow, admitting that you're being bullied, that's a good way to strike fear into the hearts of your opposition.