• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Anderson says Australia is bullying England

Arachnodouche

International Captain
people have read what he said and what prior said and put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5. mainly just baseless speculation on twitter.

i find it highly unlikely any opponent of his would stoop to such lows.
You obviously put great stock in the goodness of humanity and the fine qualities our sport engenders in its practitioners.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I have to believe for my own sanity that that is not true. I cannot believe even the worst sledgers of the Warner sort would stoop that low.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bairstow has said today in his newspaper column that he "Will take matters further" if the Aussie sledging crosses the line again.

"Some other things apart from the headbutt business were said by Australia in the middle but what they were is staying there"

You can only assume that with his book out recently that something has been said about his dad as I can't see anything else would upset him that much. Hopefully not but it is the easy conclusion to make.
Nah, something definitive would have been said about it by now were this the case. The series has been frosty at times, but this would have blown up huge.

Cow

Banned
I have to believe for my own sanity that that is not true. I cannot believe even the worst sledgers of the Warner sort would stoop that low.
You just can't rule anything out with that lot. The depths they would sink are ridiculous.

All this "intelligent sledging" indicates that they are using very cutting stuff to try and emotional weaken the English batsmen.

Shame, shame on them all.

S.Kennedy

You just can't rule anything out with that lot. The depths they would sink are ridiculous.

All this "intelligent sledging" indicates that they are using very cutting stuff to try and emotional weaken the English batsmen.

I don't know? You have moronic toddler stuff and some nasty stuff which over-stepped the bounds (''get ready for a broken f'in arm'') but I cannot fathom any sledger stooping that low. I suspect if David Bairstow's suicide was the content of the sledge, this thing would have progressed much further than Bairstow's interview and CA, ECB and the match officials, etc., would be involved. We haven't seen any of that which leads me to believe it is the usual moronic Warner-esque stuff - probably stuff about him being a 'ginger' and that sort of silliness which one expects from a certain brand of Australian cricketer.

Gob

International Coach

Nah it isn't Australia's cup of tea to sledge relatives of players.We all know who does that

Son Of Coco

I don't know? You have moronic toddler stuff and some nasty stuff which over-stepped the bounds (''get ready for a broken f'in arm'') but I cannot fathom any sledger stooping that low. I suspect if David Bairstow's suicide was the content of the sledge, this thing would have progressed much further than Bairstow's interview and CA, ECB and the match officials, etc., would be involved. We haven't seen any of that which leads me to believe it is the usual moronic Warner-esque stuff - probably stuff about him being a 'ginger' and that sort of silliness which one expects from a certain brand of Australian cricketer.
"Only a ginger can call another ginger "ginger"...

S.Kennedy

Sledging seems to be part of the Australian DNA. I remember Pattinson last season sledging Collingwood and everyone thought ''what a prat'' (even his teammates I bet?) and he was promptly fined by the ECB. Different cricket cultures.

stephen

I got in a beautiful sledge at the office the other day. Called them the "bah humbug corner" of the office for not putting up Christmas decos.

20 minutes later I walk past and they're busy decorating.

S.Kennedy

I got in a beautiful sledge at the office the other day. Called them the "bah humbug corner" of the office for not putting up Christmas decos.

20 minutes later I walk past and they're busy decorating.
David Warner eat your heart out.

There is a lot of generalisation and stereotyping I suspect. The Aussies seem to ''whinge'' far more than they'll care to admit (Ponting's Trent Bridge hysterics) while the ''Poms'' are no stranger to a sledge themselves (Anderson and Broad). There are even some anecdotes of W.G. Grace sledging so this behaviour has antiquity!

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
David Warner eat your heart out.

There is a lot of generalisation and stereotyping I suspect. The Aussies seem to ''whinge'' far more than they'll care to admit (Ponting's Trent Bridge hysterics) while the ''Poms'' are no stranger to a sledge themselves (Anderson and Broad). There are even some anecdotes of W.G. Grace sledging so this behaviour has antiquity!
GTFO........as if.

Bijed

International Regular
Duckett 'poured drink over' Anderson - ESPNcricinfo

Duckett poured a pint over Anderson the other day.:-O
Whilst the fact the Duckett poured a drink over Jimmy in itself doesn't bother me overmuch (please don't take this as me dismissing it as some form of 'banter', it's more that that it didn't escalate further so there doesn't appear to be genuine resulting problem), it really gets me that our players know full well that the spotlight is going to be firmly on them and still do things like this. Just stupid.

S.Kennedy

Maybe Duckett was simply setting-forth his appraisal of Anderson's short-pitched first innings bowling?

What an unfortunate name for a batsmen by the way, Duckett?