• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Anderson says Australia is bullying England

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Cummins has an old fashioned Miller/Compton movie star vibe minus a bit of brylcream; I could see Pat Cummins hanging out with Douglas Fairbanks on some old movie set. I think Anderson is what ladies refer to as a ''bit of rough'', or southern ladies refer to as, ''a bit of northern rough''? Think Lady Chatterley's Lover. Broad is a Spice Boy. Cook is ever the public school boy.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
wait, does public school mean private school in the UK? because a public school boy in Australia would be a Lyon or a Warner if you know what i mean

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
wait, does public school mean private school in the UK? because a public school boy in Australia would be a Lyon or a Warner if you know what i mean
Public school is a paid posh boys school in the United Kingdom like Eton.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GIMH, far from it tbh. If I were England I’d persist with Stoneman - I just think he has something about him. Vince I’d stick with for the series. Bairstow should be at five and Malan six. I like the cut of Overton’s jib too, he has ticker and does a bit with the ball. The bowling looks ok if Moeen can get some mojo happening. He doesn’t look likely atm unless he’s bowling to Khawaja.

Gob

International Coach
Cummins has an old fashioned Miller/Compton movie star vibe minus a bit of brylcream; I could see Pat Cummins hanging out with Douglas Fairbanks on some old movie set. I think Anderson is what ladies refer to as a ''bit of rough'', or southern ladies refer to as, ''a bit of northern rough''? Think Lady Chatterley's Lover. Broad is a Spice Boy. Cook is ever the public school boy.
Where would you fit in Davey Warner?

Bijed

International Regular
GIMH, far from it tbh. If I were England I’d persist with Stoneman - I just think he has something about him. Vince I’d stick with for the series. Bairstow should be at five and Malan six. I like the cut of Overton’s jib too, he has ticker and does a bit with the ball. The bowling looks ok if Moeen can get some mojo happening. He doesn’t look likely atm unless he’s bowling to Khawaja.
Agree except for Vince. I'm happy enough to give him the next test since he did get 83, but if he fails (as tbh I imagine he will) drop him. Can't actually remember what reserve batsmen we've got, though? Ballance, I think?

stephen

Comprehensive or state schools.
I love the Yes, Prime Minister gag about that.

"We'll reintroduce conscription to get them off the streets and give them a comprehensive education to make up for their comprehensive education."

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Mitchell Starc's a decent looking bloke.. has a bit of a dermatology issue but a quick change of diet can fix that.

Handjob, Warner and Overton are probably the least infused with beauty.
Nah there's something odd about Starc's mouth/jaw.

Gnske

No, could you clarify what you mean by this actually? Asking for a friend

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah there's something odd about Starc's mouth/jaw.
Yeah Starc is definitely not a "good looking bloke" in my book, unless you're using the definition where by most people in the world are "good looking" unless they're truly deformed or obese