• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at Adelaide

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It seemed like a low bar to aspire to.

So Overton in for Ball the only change for either side in Adelaide then barring random injuries? Since Maxwell can't really join the Aus squad.

social

If England don't put up a fight here, it's going to be a really long tour for them

Compton

International Debutant
I don’t know. Wouldn’t put it past England’s selectors to do something daft like picking Crane.

Australia won’t change the side while they’re winning. George Bailey syndrome.

Starfighter

Ding! Ding!

Give this man a prize.

Overton for Ball I'd expect, or hope at least. There isn't really anything that England can do otherwise. I think another fairly easy victory to us in the end, unless Broad and Anderson are exceptional and, importantly, at least one Englishman actually gets some big runs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You get the feeling if England are going to win just 1 Test this series, it'll be this one. The nuances of the day/night test & movement under lights could suit Anderson & Broad.

Last edited:

Daemon

You get the feeling if England are going to win just 1 Test this series, it'll be this one. The nuances of the day/night test & movement under lights could really Anderson & Broad.
It could all go **** up just as easily though, don't forget how Starc loves a bit of swing. Under the lights with England focusing on their short ball weakness he just might bowl his ODI length and tear them apart.

Zinzan

Course it doesn't mean Starc and Hazel won't enjoy those conditions as well.

Gnske

You get the feeling if England are going to win just 1 Test this series, it'll be this one. The nuances of the day/night test & movement under lights could suit Anderson & Broad.
Might be a bit tipped towards England, but still relatively even imo. Thought SA would have hammered us in the last Adelaide test.

Just depends if Australia's pace trio decides bowling trash is not in the best interest of the match. Especially Starc, swear the guy has a phobia in tests of decent pitch maps and pitching it up or yorking top order bats unless the fielders/crowd are really into it and/or a wicket has just fallen.

ajdude

International Coach
can’t wait for Australia to be unchanged and South Australians to be up in arms “Sayers hard done by again” etc

TheJediBrah

Ding! Ding!

Give this man a prize.

Overton for Ball I'd expect, or hope at least. There isn't really anything that England can do otherwise. I think another fairly easy victory to us in the end, unless Broad and Anderson are exceptional and, importantly, at least one Englishman actually gets some big runs.
Drop Vince for Ballance

And rest Broad and Anderson, they're past it. Woakes and Ball are ready to lead the attack.

Root under-performed as well, drop him for someone else. Can England pick Renshaw?

Starfighter

Perhaps the extra responsibility of leading the attack will inspire Woakes and Ball to perform to a much higher standard.

Cow

Banned
Word on the street is that the Mclaren Vale harvest has been dire this year. This will be disastrous for travelling English fans who tend to have a more advanced palate than their antipodean cousins.

If there isn't an emergency shipment of cabernet sauvignon flown in from Margaret River there might well be rioting in the street. Especially as England are also playing badly.

More to follow....

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Pleased to say that I shall be watching this on my phone after realising that my phone contract gives me access to BT Sport.. so uploaded it now ready for the second test..about as relevant of interest to anyone as Cows post on the wine harvest...:happy:8-)

Victor Ian

International Coach
Can you plug your phone into your tv? I can't believe Ashes are not Free to Air in UK. It's just not English.

I wonder how this would look with those phone glasses you can get where you wear your phone on your face.

harsh.ag

Word on the street is that the Mclaren Vale harvest has been dire this year. This will be disastrous for travelling English fans who tend to have a more advanced palate than their antipodean cousins.

If there isn't an emergency shipment of cabernet sauvignon flown in from Margaret River there might well be rioting in the street. Especially as England are also playing badly.

More to follow....
Edge of the seat stuff