• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at Adelaide

Compton

International Debutant
Mitch scored a ton and took some wickets in the Shield recently, so he’s a cert to swap places with Shaun in the next round of “Keep Maxwell away from the Ashes”

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I was really impressed with him in the first innings at Brisbane, up until his ill-advised hook shot, but I do know where you’re coming from.

You’d think it’s unlikely that we’re going to see a man scoring runs consistently in Test cricket and most of his innings so far have looked a bit of a battle. But, as we know, good batting options are pretty limited for England at the moment so I guess it makes sense for the selectors to show confidence in him and maintain some continuity in selection.
Bring Back Owais Shah!!! :naughty:

Gob

International Coach
Cook
Stoneman
Vince
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Moeen
Butler
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

Looks good

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
People who are candidates for a dropping for the third test if they don't make a 50 in either innings(something like a Moeen 38 and 40 would be a different story of course), especially if we don't win

Handscome
Usman
Smarsh
Handscomb will get more chances than just Adelaide.

Uzi is in trouble if he gets villaged vs spin again.

Darsh is a young man with so much potential he is next on the list after Smith and Warner. It has nothing to do with the incriminating pics he has on every selector. Only dropped when he breaks.

Larwood's_boots

U19 Debutant
Cook
Stoneman
Vince
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Moeen
Butler
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

Looks good
Don't think buttlers even out there mate, and doesn't seem like he has that much interest in the first class game tbh. Hearing good things about foakes though.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mitch scored a ton and took some wickets in the Shield recently, so he’s a cert to swap places with Shaun in the next round of “Keep Maxwell away from the Ashes”
It's pretty clear that Lehmann doesn't like Maxwell. When asked about Maxi's ton, Lehmann said how it was nice and then brought up how great M Marsh was going.

Larwood's_boots

U19 Debutant
Cook
Stoneman
Vince
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Moeen
Butler
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

Looks good
Buttler isn't even in the squad mate, and I think seems to have little interest in first class cricket tbh (hard to blame him but still very sad). And I don't know if you're aware but Ben Stokes has run into a little bit of trouble of late...

But if Stokesy comes back then of course he's welcome, and although I haven't seen him play I've heard very good things about foakes as a keeper who can bat a little.

Starfighter

It's pretty clear that Lehmann doesn't like Maxwell. When asked about Maxi's ton, Lehmann said how it was nice and then brought up how great M Marsh was going.
*sigh*

Can we just get rid of him (and Langer). No doubt after we win the Ashes he'll get another extension to his contract.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
*sigh*

Can we just get rid of him (and Langer). No doubt after we win the Ashes he'll get another extension to his contract.
It's pretty bad isn't it.

Apart from picking up the training balls, the coach should be trying to create team unity rather than making team picks based upon whether he likes the bloke or not

Son Of Coco

Drop Vince for Ballance

And rest Broad and Anderson, they're past it. Woakes and Ball are ready to lead the attack.

Root under-performed as well, drop him for someone else. Can England pick Renshaw?
Simon Kerrigan must be due for a recall as well.

Son Of Coco

Word on the street is that the Mclaren Vale harvest has been dire this year. This will be disastrous for travelling English fans who tend to have a more advanced palate than their antipodean cousins.

If there isn't an emergency shipment of cabernet sauvignon flown in from Margaret River there might well be rioting in the street. Especially as England are also playing badly.

More to follow....
Local authorities have already flown in 75 cases of Chateau Ver De Fleur to cover for the shortfall in the local drop.

Woodster

International Captain
How many Aussies think Sayers should get the nod for this Test ? Could be a preventative and careful resting of one of the quicks or is it more a case of let's try and get this series wrapped up as soon as possible with the three main quicks ? Or would Sayers represent a better selection on this pitch and in these conditions to get that 2-0 lead heading into Perth ?