• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at Adelaide

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah saying Warner's out of touch but still finding a way to score as a reason not to fear him is a bit backward. Got (all but) a ton in Brisbane, a couple of decent knackers in rAdelaide and pummels anything that moves in the west so If he gets going or has a bit of luck in Perth, he'll score 300 in a day.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lol, I don't expect to see anything topping the 244 he made against NZ on the first day, but if he's going to produce an innings to remember this series, Perth is definitely the place for it.

His figures there make for astonishing reading, an average of 89 and a strike rate 90, with only one real failure - and that was in 2012 against SA. Suffice to say it's his best venue.

Woodster

International Captain
Yeah saying Warner's out of touch but still finding a way to score as a reason not to fear him is a bit backward. Got (all but) a ton in Brisbane, a couple of decent knackers in rAdelaide and pummels anything that moves in the west so If he gets going or has a bit of luck in Perth, he'll score 300 in a day.
Barring his runs in the second innings at Brisbane, when effectively the contest was done, I'm sure we would take his three other innings, both the scores he's made and more importantly the manner he's done it in. He's not exactly finding a way to score a total that hurts us to be fair, so I don't think that's necessarily a contradiction (or 'a bit backward').

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barring his runs in the second innings at Brisbane, when effectively the contest was done, I'm sure we would take his three other innings, both the scores he's made and more importantly the manner he's done it in. He's not exactly finding a way to score a total that hurts us to be fair, so I don't think that's necessarily a contradiction (or 'a bit backward').
That is what I mean, he hasn't hurt us in a first innings yet or scored outlandishly quickly to put us under the pump like he usually does. Scoring a 50 in a game that was all but over isn't really hurting us as we would have lost anyway. He may well come out all guns blazing at Perth but to me doesn't look in the same nick as he has in the past so probably won't.

Spark

Global Moderator
That is what I mean, he hasn't hurt us in a first innings yet or scored outlandishly quickly to put us under the pump like he usually does. Scoring a 50 in a game that was all but over isn't really hurting us as we would have lost anyway. He may well come out all guns blazing at Perth but to me doesn't look in the same nick as he has in the past so probably won't.
He really did look good at Brisbane though. Okay, he wasn't smashing everything through wide mid-off for four, but the pitch didn't really let him do that, and he looked more settled and confident at the crease in other, more important ways. I still expect him to put up a big score or two in this series (and if he doesn't, that would almost be a first for a home summer)

Woodster

International Captain
At Perth, with his record there, he's going to be a huge threat, averaging just under 90 with a strike rate of 90 if he doesn't fire there then we've either executed some very good plans again or it's going to be a dry series for him.

CarlsbergXpress

U19 Vice-Captain
Think you might have the definition of this arse about mate. Gambhiring is posting ridiculously negative things about your own team's chances when the game is at worst evenly poised or when they are on top, on the ridiculous premise that if you jinx them they'll win.

Worst recent example was the Aus in India series this year.
Thanks for the clarification. That is ridiculous.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reminder participating with in-jokes is absolutely disgusting and should be a permanently bannable offence.