• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at Adelaide

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Being biased is the least of KP's problems as a commentator.
Sad thing about KP is that when he first started on Ten I really rated his commentary. And he does have a good grasp of the game. Just a shame that he makes Shane Warne look like Ian Chappell in terms of calmness.

Cow

Banned
No almond milk at the hotel.

Day ruined already.

Good luck Overton. I have never seen you bowl.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh, I knew Smith would have batted (so would I). England helping keep Lyon in the game. A mistake I feel.

morgieb

I get the feeling England's gonna destroy here, given the pink ball and the overhead conditions this ****er will swing....I think Australia's been better against spin (well, other than Khawaja) in recent times, but we're still untested against swing.

Spark

Global Moderator
I can't decide if bowling first is clever or catastrophically stupid. That pitch looks, well, Adelaide-y.

Compton

International Debutant
If Australia get through the first half hour without a wicket, that pitch will start to look real road-y.

morgieb

I can't decide if bowling first is clever or catastrophically stupid. That pitch looks, well, Adelaide-y.
Probably comes down to how well they use the new ball. 3 down after 10 and England start to feel good. Bancroft and Warner survive and they could well make hay.

It's a very brave decision, no doubt about it.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Not suggesting this makes the call right, but interesting just the same

1.30pm: England win the toss and bowl, Root decides to unleash his attack under cloudy skies. Interesting... Although it's worth nothing, that the previous two visiting captains in day-night Tests at Adelaide batted first after winning the toss - and lost. Smith seems pretty happy to be batting.

Cow

Banned
Smith's reaction doesn't indicate anything. You could probably tell him you've just shot and barbecued his labrador and he'll have a vacant grin on his face.

It's a bold decision from Root. I guess when you're staring down the barrel at a 5-0 series loss you need to try and change the pattern a bit.